Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 175

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Self-titled definitely felt like a bummer of an ending to me, I truly hate What Appears, Got Yours and The Hurt is Gone, and I think that Rest in Peace and Wrecking Ball are the only songs which I actually like a lot.

2. pbueddi

Trusted

Sadly, self-titled didn't do much for me outside of Fields and Fences and Empty Street.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Ocean Ave., Lights and Sounds, Paper Walls, WTTTSY, Southern Air are ideal top notch Yellowcard in my mind.

I like Lift and Sail and Yellowcard S/T a lot, just not my go to YC.

I’d put One For The Kids as third tier, but this album has a lot of nostalgia for me because I discovered this band really early in with this album.

Looking forward to WRK full length.

JRGComedy likes this.
  4. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

Y'all are crazy, self-titled is great!

5. drummerAVA

Trusted

Empty Street is so so good...

Scoob, .K., AlwaysEvolving21 and 2 others like this.
  6. What the fuck

CAC3, supernovagirl, Dog Fish and 9 others like this.
  7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Glad they did good that song.

8. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Lmao idk, maybe the first few singles sounded too much like everybody else in the genre to me/didn't stand out enough? Like an imitation of their former selves?

It's been a long time since I've given it another chance and I know my tastes have changed quite a bit since, so I'm open to giving it a spin

9. Bear

Bear the dog. Great Pyrenees/Newfoundland mix

Paper Walls
    Ocean Avenue
    WYTTSY
    Southern Air
    Lights And Sounds
    Yellowcard
    Lift A Sail
    One For The Kids

10. I think it’s their best album.

CAC3, Pepetito and RyanPm40 like this.
  11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

PW :heart:

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

[​IMG]

Scoob, disambigujason and drummerAVA like this.
  13. BenSmith94

Trusted

What you did there, I see it.

On the self-titled album, the opener and closing track are both brilliant, and I love how much Leave a Light On sounds like a Ben Folds cut.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  14. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

So many bad takes for just one thread!

CAC3, morken and pbueddi like this.
  15. danielm123

Trusted

Honestly, the two singles are still my least favorite songs on the album (although I do really like both of them). In my opinion, it's definitely the best album of their "summery pop-punk" style (for lack of a better term). I happen to prefer their darker, more experimental stuff, but still think SA is a great album

RyanPm40 likes this.
  16. drummerAVA

Trusted

Only song I really didn’t like on Southern Air was A Vicious Kind... just felt pretty “ehhh”...

Pepetito likes this.
  17. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

That’s one of the best choruses on the record though!

18. trevorshmevor Oct 11, 2019
    (Last edited: May 18, 2023)
    Love the bridge in that one! That huge octave chord part into the violin solo just rules

19. Dog Fish

Mutt

Is there a version of 'dear bobbie' w/o the voice over? i. fucking. hate. that. spoken. word.

fran.182, supernovagirl and RyanPm40 like this.
  20. RyanPm40

The Torment of Existence Supporter

Agreed, I didn't like the song at first because of it but now it's one of my favorites

21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

It makes a difference that it’s his real grandpa reading a real note. I believe it’s the same grandpa that the song My Mountain is about. He also sings a lot about his aunt too, who was a big supporter and I believe passed away after battling cancer.

22. Dog Fish

Mutt

eh, doesn't really help. just makes me feel like an asshole.

smowashere likes this.
  23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Hahaha...wasn’t the intent of my comment. Just adds context to a few of songs lyrics Ryan has wrote and why it was done. It can be a bit jarring in that song, I get it. I do wonder what it would sound like without now that you’ve said it.

24. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I really enjoy all of the records lol including self titled. I’m surprised you don’t like all those songs you mentioned, Steve. Lift a Sail has a bunch of weird issues, but some cool ass shit as well.

25. drummerAVA

Trusted

I think that’s exactly what I disliked about it lol, it was almost like every part felt phoned in... the whole song really... idk, something about it was just off-putting for me.

:crylaugh::crylaugh: