Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 172

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

There already is one. I have it.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. shea

RIP Supporter

That person had no right to point out how close to 20 OA is.

Holy fuck

3. Love my YC boxset.

supernovagirl likes this.
  4. shea

RIP Supporter

5. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I love it so much that he's playing with NFG. I'd love for him to be an official member and write with them, but I know he said that's not gonna happen so I'll just imagine what it would be like.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  6. the NFG show in SLC last week was soooo much fun, and it was so cool seeing Ryan play live again too.

7. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Touring with NFG will hopefully give him some time to write for his solo project. He sounded busy in earlier interviews with his work and producing, but has no additional responsibilities on this tour beyond playing.

You never know if he’s on the tour bus throwing in an occasional ideas to NFG while writing/demoing. I’m still hoping for a song where he an Jordan share vocal duties (and just call it a guest appearance). He’s briefly contributed vocal to the alt version of Ready and Willing Ascension version.

Also, “someone” needs to still leak the Ryan and Patrick of Fall Out Boy version of Here I Am Alive.

supernovagirl, earthlight and pbueddi like this.
  8. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

It's been a 'Gifts and Curses' kind of day. Now I gotta watch Spiderman 2.

10. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Bon Iver releasing a new album (22, A Million was released the same day as Yellowcard) reminded me that we'd be in a new Yellowcard album cycle already if they were still together.

I am now sad.

11. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I feel you. I’ve been jamming to Southern Air this week. I love that I can finally listen to it without being reminded of a terrible time in my life. It’s almost like a completely new album for me.

earthlight and Davjs like this.
  12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Listened to Lift a Sail today. It's still a beautiful album. Its almost 5 years old and I think it came out before its time. I feel like it would've been better received if it dropped today. I know I probably would've appreciated it more given what I listen to these days.

13. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

The underdog of their discography

14. DesolateEarth

Birb

I had mixed feelings about it when it came out but I have come to like it more these days, so I agree.

15. JRGComedy

Trusted Supporter

I love Lift a Sail. I sometimes wonder if it had been better received with a different lead single. Like would The Deepest Well have gotten people pumped for it so they accept it more or would it have set it up for an even more polarizing response?

Linton9488 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  16. pbueddi

Trusted

I really like Lift A Sail. Might even put it at #3 behind Southern Air and Paper Walls.

17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I can agree with this. SA is hands down a fantastic album. I finally came around to it and can listen to it without being reminded of a terrible time in my life. So, its def up there for me now.

18. Lift A Sail is fantastic, hearing those songs instantly takes me back to that rough time and the memories associated with it. My favorite album along with S/T at this point.

19. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I loved Lift a Sail when it came out, but now it reminds me of a bad time of my life and I have difficulty listening to it now.

20. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I spun Lift a Sail yesterday too. I listened to that album a lot right after my grandpa passed away, which was five years ago yesterday, so it's always a pretty melancholy listen for me, but hopeful in a way too. I think Southern Air is the perfect Yellowcard record, whereas Sail has some sequencing/pacing issues. But it's probably the record of theirs that means the most to me, personally.

21. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

That record still doesn't do it for me, even after all this time. I respect where they went with it and I think the music is good, but I just can't get into it. Southern Air holds up as one of my favorite records of all time, and When You're Through Thinking Say Yes has also stood the test of time, too which I did not expect.

22. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

supernovagirl likes this.
  23. Pepetito

Trusted Supporter

I find this to be their worst album.

24. drummerAVA

Trusted

25. cbronder1

Regular

I really love the underdog EP. It's classic pop punk from that era.

KidLightning, drummerAVA and Pepetito like this.