Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 171

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Such a massive song, was so good live on the final tour too

drummerAVA and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  2. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Stoked to see Ryan playing with NFG this Saturday.

3. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Just listened to "Only One" for the first time in a minute (skipped it this past weekend cause I thought I would be sick of it) and wow - song still hits me in the gut with feels. Great song.

Davjs likes this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Also, Breathing is easily in my top 3 YC songs. Man, LOVE that song.

trevorshmevor and Davjs like this.
  5. danielm123

Trusted

For an album ranking I think I'd go something like:

PW=S/T>L&S=SA>LaS>OA>WYTTSY>OFTK

6. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

Ryan Key is the latest guest on the Lead Singer Syndrome podcast for those interested.

morken and Davjs like this.
  7. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

It still drives me kind of nuts how WRK is pushing the vox back in the mix on his new stuff. I know he's going for that whole atmospheric/ambient thing but he has such a great voice and it feels totally thinned out. Drives me crazy

morken likes this.
  8. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Totally agree. It's missing the urgency and raw emotion he's so good at. It feels way too laid back, in a way.

earthlight likes this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Just listened to it and it was alright - he spoke mostly about his life post-YC and barely talked about Yellowcard at all in my opinion. Was hoping for a more retrospective interview about YC but oh well.

Davjs likes this.
  10. I can't imagine the pain, and annoyance, Ryan must have when people only want to talk or hear about what he's already done and not what he's currently doing. That would drive me absolutely insane.

Brandon Briganti and smowashere like this.
  11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Hey Jason so when you were running Absolutepunk in your glory days...

12. Literally one of my biggest fears in life is that being all I'll ever be. It haunts me and it's probably why I'm even more sympathetic to Ryan.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  13. Mikeydude91

So he said producing wasn’t his hustle. What does that mean for his Kickstarter. I remember roger from LTJ and him had some beef about using a kickstarter to fund a studio.

14. sawhney[rusted]2

I can’t speak to your personal experience with Absolutepunk back in the day and the whirlwind that must have been, but the community and website you made with Chorus.fm far supersedes that, from a member perspective.

I find that fear interesting as its one of the most "breaking" to people's entrepreneurial or artistic spirits, yet it's extremely common. Very few people are able to weather it successfully. I always wish the human psyche was more resilient to its own self-doubt

Michael Schmidt and Jason Tate like this.
  15. DesolateEarth

Birb

Tough for me to say which is better. While I think pre hiatus yellowcard had higher highs, post hiatus yellowcard was overall more consistent I think.

16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’d expect new WRK full length in 2020 (probably record earlier in the year 2020) based on what he was floating around on Lead Singer Syndrome podcast. Ryan will try and see if Arun can coproduce again (TBD).

17. Michael Schmidt

Don't recreate the scene, or reinvent the meanings Supporter

I haven’t spent as much time with the ep’s as I’d like, but I definitely think the second one was much better. I think The Bowery and the YC song Wrecking Ball Heart is the style I’d like to see him pursue. Kind of like a Jason Isbell sound with a little more of Ryan’s pop sensibility, that can be done stripped down or with a larger backing band.

morken likes this.
  18. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Easier said than done, but he seems to be comfortable with that period in time being the foundation for what he is trying to accomplish nowadays. I respect that he is able to do that.

19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’d totally agree with you. He sounded like he valued his time and opportunities that came from Yellowcard. He even talked about Big If...

I think releasing his first solo full length will be a huge step for him. The EP’s laid a foundation for Ryan working on his own outside Yellowcard and gave him a chance to tour and get reviewed. He may get more of a push or press for a full length (the industry values them more than EPS).

earthlight likes this.
  20. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Yup. I really hope he lets his voice back in front of the songs as he moves forward

21. drummerAVA

Trusted

22. Davjs

Trusted

I agree and love this music video that someone cool made

23. sawhney[rusted]2

Wait a minute.....

You got over a million views on one vid?!

24. Davjs

Trusted

You talking the Anberlin one? Yeah we made it just as they were blowing up and I think less than a year later The Feel Good Drag was re released on New Surrender and blew up, but since our video had been out for so long it came up first or close to first when you searched it. Just lucky!

25. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Just dropping in to provide this content

bradsonemanband likes this.