Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 170

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

SA was always a difficult album for me to listen to bc it always reminded me of an extremely hard time in my life, but over the past 2-3 years I think I’ve found new light for the album bc I’ve finally moved on from that terrible time in my life. It’s a beautiful album.

sawhney[rusted]2, Smage and Davjs like this.
  2. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I miss this band so much

danielm123 likes this.
  3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Me too. WRK’s Ep’s were really good. I do love the Yellowcard sound though, especially as it turns into summer.

4. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Every other week or so I'm reminded somehow that my favorite band is not around anymore. Last week, the Ocean Ave vid came on during a Hard Rock Cafe visit. First I yelled "yeah!". Then I was sad.

Time to do a discog run again, I guess.

5. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

WRK's songs are good, but there's something about the emotion in so many of Yellowcard's songs that can't be matched. Looking forward to hearing what he does with the full length though.

.K. likes this.
  6. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

I wouldn't say I'm a big YC fan these days but I skimmed through their discography this past weekend and my ranking (which I am almost positive no one will agree with) is as follows:

Lights and Sounds >>> Southern Air > Ocean Avenue > When You're Through Thinking... > Paper Walls > One For The Kids/Where We Stand > Yellowcard > Lift A Sail

7. [​IMG]

8. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Mine would be closer to the reverse of that than it would be to that ranking haha

danielm123 and smowashere like this.
  9. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

[IMG]

FTank likes this.
  10. Davjs

Trusted

Like most other bands, we are pretty similar on this one too it seems. Lights and Sounds def gets a bad rap around here but it has some of their very best songs on it.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  11. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

[IMG]

I never ever understood the hate it got. It's the only YC record I can still listen to in full without cringing or skipping filler tracks.

Down On My Head, City of Devils, Rough Landing Holly, Waiting Game, Martin Sheen or JFK, Space Travel, and How I Go are all incredible and easily some of my top favorite YC songs to date.

Waiting Game is probably in my top 3 YC songs. I always get goosebumps listening to it.

12. [​IMG]

13. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

[IMG]

14. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Post-hiatus YC is best YC.

15. Davjs

Trusted

The intro and bridge to Waiting Game is nothing other than epic. How I Go is probably their most beautiful song.

Martin Sheen or JFK and Grey are probably their most underrated songs. I never see either get any love and they are great.

Hollywood Died, Rough Landing Holly and Down On My Head are always going to be my top YC songs.

That being said, I still think I prefer Southern Air and When You're Done Thinking, but this is a close third. I love them all.

earthlight and mattylikesfilms like this.
  16. Davjs

Trusted

It's pretty even IMO. SA and WYDTSY are my top but going against the string of OA-L&S-Paper Walls is pretty hard.

.K. and mattylikesfilms like this.
  17. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

AMEN to all of that. I do really love most of Southern Air and When You're Through Thinking... - I almost want to rank When You're Through Thinking... above Ocean Avenue but that record is a classic for its time.

Davjs likes this.
  18. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Lights and Sounds is just ridiculously, criminally underrated. Has been since the day it was released.

I also particularly love the stretch from Waiting Game --> Grey. It's so good.

19. sawhney[rusted]2 Jun 3, 2019
    (Last edited: Jun 3, 2019)
    sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

If any of their records are underrated it’s Lift a Sail. Took the alt-rock bent and orchestral-arrangements of L&S, and blended it with the best post-hiatus “classic” Yellowcard songs, then added a unique and fresh approach by adding the electronic elements on top.

Plus I think California is their most underrated and devastating closer. The whole record is an emotional powerhouse, especially considering lyrics in context of Ryan’s personal life

20. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Overall I think post hiatus is better, even though I might put PW at #1. As far as Lights and Sounds, I’ve tried so many times and at this point I don’t think I’ll ever like it

21. sawhney[rusted]2

I just realized I never majorly got into the s/t. Need to spin that today - don’t remember much of it

22. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I think it’s even too. As I said, I think all the records starting with One For The Kids is awesome. They all have some of my favourite Yellowcard songs.

I also think working with the same producer for the most part, Neal Avron, from Ocean Ave on had a very positive impact on the bands sound.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  23. pbueddi

Trusted

Me as well.

24. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Self-titled might very well be my #2. Paper Walls still hangs tight at #1. SA at 3. Too many weird life memories circle around OC/L&S, so they fall later in my rankings. Also because L&S has two unforgivably bad songs I refuse to hear again, the one with Natalie Maines (just can’t stand how dull that song is) and “Two Weeks from Twenty,” which is a mess and if I’m ever a prisoner, that will be the song they crank to 11, and blast into my cell at all hours.

Jason Tate likes this.
  25. sawhney[rusted]2

What Appears should have been their last big single