Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 167

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

So many different bands now, and only so much support to go around. When records sales are significantly reduced, it’s hard to spread around the money, and no one wants to live their whole life on the road.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  2. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Of all the bands in this genre that have broken up, i’d say Yellowcard has the smallest percentage chance of getting back together. Unfortunately it’s just extremely unlikely to ever happen.

3. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

SNL sketch. a dinner party where two guests get heated over which era of Weezer was better (it was the first two/Blue+Pinkerton for the record)
    then the wife of one of the guests mentions Yellowcard in an attempt to change the subject.

David Parke likes this.
  4. GBlades

Trusted

It's good to see that they "lasted" as long as they did since it's hard to keep fans entertained for so long in the current music climate. Even the "comeback" they had before was awesome but I just can't see them pulling that again.

5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

The fact that they came back ONCE and had a better collection of songs/some of their best work produced was a miracle in it's own right. I hope his solo career really takes shape and he continues to have success. I don't need the rest of the band back. Maybe Sean will play some strings on a song here and there, but whatever.

Linton9488 and Davjs like this.
  6. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I agree, and I was thoroughly convinced that the band was done after speaking to them on their last tour. Sean in particular is ready to move on with his life. LP's departure certainly didn't help, and it most definitely was not amicable. While I would absolutely love for them to make new music the reality is that as a group, they have moved on and are comfortable knowing that Yellowcard will be preserved in a certain period of time. I'm comfortable with it, too.

7. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Crazy to think that the comeback was more than 8 years ago. I remember that announcement like it was yesterday.

8. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

*mentally panicking* what????? No it wasn’t?!!!!!

9. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

I dismissed it quickly when it came out but Lift A Sail is a great record.

10. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Almost 8.5 years ago actually

supernovagirl likes this.
  11. supernovagirl

I don’t believe you

(I really had a really hard time wrapping my brain around it. I definitely googled it when you first said it:crylaugh:)

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I wish the Big If stuff had been properly released, and someone need to leak that their version of Here I Am Alive

13. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I have been waiting for this for so long

14. supernovagirl

David Parke likes this.
  15. All that stuff is out there for fans though, why’s it need a “proper” release?

16. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

Big agree. I've been revisiting it a lot recently. I've grown to love the song Illuminate in particular.

drummerAVA and Linton9488 like this.
  17. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

The rips just don’t sound as good when I mix them in with other track. I love Triple Please, and a bunch of those songs. I think quality wise only. Hang You Up was redone for a Yellowcard record a it’s the best sounding version I have.

Linton9488 likes this.
  18. Most of them are demos. I think that’s the best quality they’re in.

19. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Mine sound a little different from one to the next. I know Demos aren’t recorded all in the same session. With William Ryan Key’s developed production skills, I still think if he just touched them up and released them on bandcamp for a few bucks I’d still be interested. I know they’d never end up with album quality production.

irthesteve likes this.
  20. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Agreed 100%.

Also there are three different version of Hang You Up other than the Yellowcard version I believe

.K. likes this.
  21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I wouldn’t want him to stop work on a new EP or album or anything. I still listen to the Big If stuff though like any other YC release, and I still want to hear Ryan and Patrick sing together (theboriginal version is still good).

I like to tie up loose ends. I was one of those fans that was really pleased Empty St got a proper release. Plus it sounds great on the final record.

22. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Yeah, I think we're thinking along the same lines. I would love to hear the Patrick Stump version of Here I Am Alive

23. Setlist

24. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

Its time for a YC discography dive

AlwaysEvolving21 and Davjs like this.
  25. Linton9488

Regular

Lift A Sail is my 2nd fave record behind Southern Air from these guys. LAS has so many killer tracks. The only tracks I don't love on it are Madrid and Msk.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.