Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 166

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

danielm123 likes this.
  2. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Just stumbled back upon this awesome deep cut

supernovagirl likes this.
  3. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Looks like more rock music coming from Ryan..

RoKKeR, DeRRek and .K. like this.
  4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yearly reminder on this day to go take a few minutes and listen to Believe.

RoKKeR, DeRRek and earthlight like this.
  5. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Okay, now it’s Yellowcard’s turn

Davjs and Bad Frequencies like this.
  6. DeRRek

Trusted

Absolute tune!

7. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

So bittersweet. Their last tour was pretty epic. Glad I got to catch it. This band always makes me feel safe.

Scoob likes this.
  8. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Just started listening to "When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes" again from the top.

This record will always bring me back to 2011. I will never forget how stoked I was that this band was back - and how good that summer was. It is really amazing how music can bring you back to a place, time, etc, almost as if you are right there again.

Kuri44 and trevorshmevor like this.
  9. monrovian

I have similar memories with that album and southern air specifically when I got back into yellowcard around when southern air came out

earthlight likes this.
  10. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I loved Lift a Sail when it came out, but if I listen to it now, it brings me back to a bad time of my life so I rarely put it on.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  11. Same, I love Lift A Sail but it’s hard to separate from a pretty rough time I was having. Fortunately I can still listen to it and if my brain thinks about it too hard I can just embrace that I’m in a much better place now.

12. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

Man that’s one of the worst thing isn’t it? I recently tried listening to a bunch of great stuff that immediately floods me with memories of worse times. Had to turn them off.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

14. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

So do you guys think, with all the band reunions going, YC will also reunite at one point in the future?

15. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Right after MCR does

David Parke likes this.
  16. zsoty27

"I am the patron saint of lost causes"

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  17. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

David Parke likes this.
  18. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Not available in my country. What did it say?

19. danielm123

Trusted

I both really hope they do, and really hope they don't. They're my favorite band ever, so of course I'd be crazy excited if they came back. But I also think that they went out so perfectly and it felt so definite that it would be strange to see them back. Maybe for a one-off show or something, but not like fully back and making music. Regardless, it really doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

20. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I don’t see it happening for literally a million reasons but at the same time no one can see the future so you can’t speak in certainties. I would just say....pls don’t hold ur breath cause you’ll prolly die

David Parke likes this.
  21. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

This is true. I mean in 2007 I don’t think anyone foresaw Blink-182 coming back. And then thy did in 2009. You just never know, but also just like with MCR, it’s best not to hope so hard because even if it happens it’s probably ways off

supernovagirl likes this.
  22. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I don't think it will happen.

23. They're never coming back to be a full time band again, but I can absolutely see some one off shows happening

24. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

That’s the one thing that sucks about growing up with all these “scene” bands. Once they left peak popularity it must have been so hard to make a living off of it. A lot of which deserve to still be around.

25. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

I’ve think about this a lot. Idk how it was like for our parents generations and stuff, but it feels like it’s just so much harder for bands in this scene to exist as long as they did for them. Idk if it’s the state of the music industry or maybe that we only hear about the bands that achieved longevity. But it feels like all the artists that older folks around me loved existed for decades.

Kyle Max likes this.