Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 162

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

New Ryan EP soon. It’s called Thirteen. Don’t know how many songs or exact release date.

Scoob and Davjs like this.
  2. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Very excited to hear that

3. Scoob

Regular

4. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Where dat song at doe

irthesteve likes this.
  5. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

Track Listing

1. Old Friends
    2. Vultures
    3. Form and Figure
    4. Thirty Days
    5. Great Unknown

6. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Friends,

I am so happy to be sending this message to you announcing the release of my first EP, ‘Thirteen’. Over the last couple of months I have been writing and recording these songs, and I couldn’t be more excited to finally share them with you. You are getting this email to be the first to know about the pre order of ‘Thirteen’. The official release date is May 25th but you can grab a signed copy of the EP as well as an exclusive pre order t-shirt right now!

For those of you that are Yellowcard fans, I know it has been a while since you’ve heard from me. I really took my time over the last year looking for the direction and sound I wanted to pursue with my own music. It has been quite a journey, but when I finally found what I was searching for, the songs felt like coming home.

I have always been a huge fan of acoustically driven singer/songwriters, as well as many ambient post rock artists. Those inspirations really helped me craft a sound that I believe is my own, but draws on music that has shaped me as a writer. I had the pleasure of co-producing ‘Thirteen’ with my good friend Arun Bali who plays guitar in the band Saves the Day. Arun’s production style is something I have great admiration for and I think it really helped me create something entirely new for myself and for all of you.

Both myself and the people I love the most in the world have dealt with a good deal of loss over the last several years. Being a songwriter provides me with a unique opportunity to work out things in my life through musical expression. These songs were very much an exercise of release. I’ve always tried to share as much of myself as I can through my music and these lyrics are extremely dear to me. I hope you can all find something special for yourselves in the songs.

Thank you all for continuing to give me the chance to write and record songs for you. I am looking forward to seeing you on the road this year, and hope this is the beginning of a great new chapter for us all.

-Ryan

Scoob, AelNire, Davjs and 1 other person like this.
  7. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I’m so excite!

supernovagirl likes this.
  8. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Scoob, AlwaysEvolving21 and morken like this.
  9. pbueddi

Trusted

What ever happened to the Will and the Whiskymen name? Did he just drop it for william ryan key?

Scoob and Davjs like this.
  10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I’d guess so.

11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Scoob likes this.
  12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I still want a LaS acoustic album release.

earthlight, Scoob and Davjs like this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

14. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Just listened to Southern Air in full for the first time in a while.

Man, I miss this band.

Grant, Scoob, pbueddi and 1 other person like this.
  15. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Haven't seen an official release yet, and no band thread.

But it looks like Like Torches signed with Victory Records

Like Torches

16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Hard to believe that’s the label they went with. I feel like there are other labels that would’ve taken them.

17. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

18. Mister Lyrical

Forging Clarity Supporter

So apparently LP3 joined Stages and Stereos?

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Interesting. Hadn't known about that. Based on social media, looks like he joined up with them early last year.

20. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I honestly didn't know he was still with them. I knew when he joined but I haven't seen him post anything in a while. It's also strange cause they are like a local band that never really got much big attention

21. BenSmith94

Trusted

I would love to know why LP was kicked out. Obviously it was serious, but I've never even seen speculation about why? Closely-guarded secret or did I miss something?

22. GBlades

Trusted

I think they put it down as "other musical interests" if I remember rightly, and that was it.

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

It was definitely not a clean break but I don't think any details have ever emerged

24. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

It was not a clean break at all. I don’t know the details other than rumors i’ve hesrd and I don’t feel that it’s fair to speculate without the facts.

But I will say this - he suddenly broke up with his long time fiancé and was suddenly kicked out of the band. I know for a fact that he is not allowed to contact the band members. I think we can formulate some scenarios in our head from there and be comfortable knowing the band did the right thing for both parties.

Scoob likes this.
  25. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

That's already more than I knew about it

earthlight likes this.