Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 161

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

Same on all counts haha

JRGComedy likes this.
  2. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I discovered pretty much their whole discog around the time SA came out, and I definitely think PW is a fairly clear high point

3. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Paper Walls is the best album.

4. Davjs

Trusted

Paper Walls is great, but has skippable tracks for me unlike WYDTDY or SA.

5. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

Paper Walls has some highlights but it's somewhere in the middle for me in their discography. It doesn't resonate with me as much as others.

Davjs likes this.
  6. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Doing it...again

PW
    LaS
    WYTTSY
    L&S
    SA
    YC
    OA
    OFTK

Super unpopular...I know. I have SA so low mainly bc I have bad memories tied to that album, which sucks bc it is very good. OA is low too bc i haven’t gone back to that album over the years. That album was the anthem to my summer break when it came out. Grew out of it.

7. danielm123

Trusted

PW/YC (tie)
    SA
    L&S
    LaS
    WYTTSY
    OA
    OFTK

I just can't decide which I like best, but those two are pretty clearly my favorites. I would've been really excited to see how their sound would have progressed from the self-titled album. The bottom three I still think are really good, but I don't come back to them all that often.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  8. Kuri44

Ten is still one of the saddest songs I’ve ever heard. Hadn’t listened to it in years and randomly put it on, still hits me

Davjs likes this.
  9. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Is Ryan Key still planning on releasing new music sometime in March? I thought he was releasing an Ep or something before his tour. I could be way off though.

earthlight likes this.
  10. Zeke

Regular

No specific date

11. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

At the private show in Philly, he said he is going into the studio at the end of the month. Also noted a special set of songs coming to backers of his Kickstarter.

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I didn’t even know he had a kickstater for some music. I remember him doing a studio build one a few years ago. I could really go for some new stuff from him soon.

earthlight and Davjs like this.
  13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Perfect rainy morning in San Diego to listen to YC and L&S.

Scoob, trevorshmevor and earthlight like this.
  14. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Yeah part of the kickstarter was that he would be producing music there. In fact the studio was funded before the final Yellowcard album was ever even brought up.

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

In case you haven't heard these yet, there's 2 songs from his Kickstarter on Youtube:

16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I have listened to these before. I didn’t know they existed for while but stumbled upon them. Thanks for re posting these links.

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  17. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Those songs are meh

r0m4n44 and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

earthlight likes this.
  19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

someone was supposed to tag me when the bracket stuff was done!! Or maybe I asked that in another band thread. Either way, guess there is new solo music for me to listen to!

20. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

Lift a Sail is still underrated

illuminate/the deepest well/lift a sail are incredible songs

21. Scoob

Regular

I still don't get the hate for Deepest Well.

22. pbueddi

Trusted

i just don't like the other guy's voice.

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I honestly think the last two albums are their best. At some point I stopped returning to PW and SA nearly as often as I used to.

r0m4n44 and trevorshmevor like this.
  24. DesolateEarth

Birb

WYTTSY is still my fav. It's just so consistent front to back.

25. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Revisiting self titled for the first time in forever. Also, Ryan posted a very short New song sample on his Instagram @williamryankey

Scoob likes this.