Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 103

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I'm gonna have to go through the discog soon to reevaluate my thoughts on everything

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  2. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, sometimes I like to just take a big break from listening to a band. Then next time I get in the mood it all sounds so fresh.

3. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Paper Walls turned 10 today. Holy crap.

4. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I'm not sure that anybody will remember this, but during the recording process of Paper Walls the band posted demo versions of some tracks on MySpace. I can't recall exactly but I believe it was Date Line and Bombers.

Does anybody have those anywhere on the world wide web?

5. jorbjorb

7 rings

I would also like to hear these.

earthlight likes this.
  6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This was on Youtube, it seems maybe it was just a clip that was originally uploaded?

Also found this demo that I hadn't heard before:

And while we're at it, here's early versions of some tracks that ended up being re-recorded for One For The Kids:

earthlight and jorbjorb like this.
  7. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Scoob, morken, Kuri44 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Davjs

Trusted

Coolest songs ever? He's done some incredible songs in his career, that is some hype for sure.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  9. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Bump

:(

Scoob likes this.
  10. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

CoffeeEyes17, Scoob, js977 and 4 others like this.
  11. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Ryan played Shadow of The Day last night as a tribute to Chester.

12. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This is pretty awesome. Wish there weren't so many people talking the whole time though.

13. abear182

Regular

I thought Yellowcard was dead? Why does Ryan continue to play Yellowcard songs at these Emo Night shows? One off shows I can understand but has he not done a few of these Emo Night shows? Why not just continue with the band?

14. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

...because maybe the other members don't want to continue on? maybe he wants to do other stuff with other people?

earthlight likes this.
  15. trevorshmevor Jul 21, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 21, 2017)
    Because the whole point of emo night is to celebrate pop punk/emo rock from the early-mid 2000's.... not to promote new material

Also there were other members in Yellowcard

FTank likes this.
  16. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Southern Air is, I think, the ultimate Yellowcard song. In my top 5 easily.

17. Love the outro in that song but the rest I have hard time getting through

js977 likes this.
  18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

My favorite song in that album. It's by far their best closer imo. I was a little upset they didn't play it on their farewell tour.

KidLightning likes this.
  19. Scoob

Regular

Are we doing this again, haha. I think Illuminate, Lift a Sail, and A Place We Set Afire have to be in my top 5. I can't quite figure out the other two.

YouOnlyLukeOnce likes this.
  20. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

saw Ryan solo tonight, he said a solo album is coming in the fall and hoped everyone likes it because it's "Very not-Yellowcard" and said that if you follow him on social media that you could guess his influences

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I tried to go but it was sold out .

I've been listening to Lift a Sail recently. I hope he takes elements from that and YC's self titled album and push forward with it.

earthlight likes this.
  22. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

This sounds awesome. Can't wait to hear where he goes with this. I *really* hope we get more Fields and Fences/Wrecking Ball influence too.

Would be stoked if this is out in the Fall but i'd be surprised for a turnaround that quick.

23. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

Thank you for also loving Illuminate. That's been my favorite Yellowcard song since Lift a Sail was a couple months old.

24. David-

Trusted

It's so good. Such an underrated song.

25. David-

Trusted

Listened to the final album for the first time in a few months. It's honestly one of my favorite albums from them. I really would've loved to see what they would've done progressing with that sound.

Also, Leave a Light On is fucking amazing.

YouOnlyLukeOnce, earthlight and Smage like this.