Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 102

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. For real! One of them at one point says something like "yeah I don't think there was actually a Paper Walls album, pretty sure it was just a live record" and I was like what the fuuuuuuuuck

2. On the topic of filming though, yeah I was secretly kinda hoping they were doing some filming during the last run to maybe posthumously release a final tour documentary or something. Not to say they didn't absolutely do enough already though, haha

3. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

Then the director needs to bail so the band has to work on it together to finish it and then they do a reunion tour just like Underoath. One can hope right?

4. devenstonow

Noobie

that's how underoath ended back together?

5. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

They haven't confirmed it but the film company of the Tired Violence documentary basically folded so some of the guys worked on it together and that probably helped amend the bad blood between them.

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  6. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Got back into the S/T over the past week. Such a good, relevant record especially when you're going through a change or difficult situation in your life. This one is going to hold up really well over time.

josephcissell and Smage like this.
  7. devenstonow

Noobie

ive posted this in this thread like, multiple times probably, but the prechorus of you and me and one spotlight is probably one of the top 5 musical moments in YC's discog.

a shame the chorus could definitely be bigger/the build doesn't pay off enough

8. devenstonow

Noobie

and now i'm holding back tears looking at their final setlist for the first time

9. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

:'(

10. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Missing these guys a lot recently. Tons of memories around their music. I just had friends in town and we blasted WYTTSY and PW while showing them the beaches around here and drinking during the sunsets. New memories formed and YC was apart of that again. For that I will always appreciate them.

PS. They're broken up, but all I can wish for is an acoustic version of the entire Paper Walls album to celebrate it's 10 year anniversary. If they did that for the rest of albums as they turn 10, I would be such a happy camper and even more appreciative.

11. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

I just wish I was able to see Paper Walls live. Probably will always be my favorite YC song

ale5875 likes this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

I think they only played it on one tour, their OA acoustic tour. That setlist seems amazing. Used it as their encore entrance.

earthlight and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  13. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Any word on Will and the Whiskeymen/Ryan Key solo?

14. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Agreed with all of the sentiments here. Hitting a point again where I am really missing these guys. The albums will always be there, but I will always wish we could hear where they would've gone next.

15. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Would think that's a ways away still.

16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

He said something like how his producer liked some ideas that he sent him. He didn't say who the producer was on when he was going into the studio or any long term plan really. Haven't seen anything about his album since that comment.

17. It's such a shame those Big If songs never got properly finished, besides the ones who were reused in Yellowcard.

AlwaysEvolving21, r0m4n44 and .K. like this.
  18. r0m4n44

Yeah, I loved Big If. I really hope that Sean (O'Donnell) and Ryan will write some music together in the future. The combination of their voices and songwriting styles was so good.

19. Kuri44

Listening to Paper Walls for the first time in about 8 years (was never a big fan of it when it came out) but holy shit this album is good!

Scoob, RJ Knorr, earthlight and 2 others like this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

My favorite YC album. I never get sick of it. Date Line is my all time favorite song by them too.

21. Paper Walls has always seemed to be the favorite around here, but it has just never really clicked for me. Unpopular opinion for sure but I'd take any YC record over that one.

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I understand the love for Southern Air. Its a wonderful album. For me, its hard to listen to because it reminds me so much of a dark time in my life. That makes it drop on the list of favs. Recently I've been trying to make new memories with the album bc I really want to enjoy it more without it sparking some negative nostalgia. I think I'll get there eventually haha.

Davjs likes this.
  23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

I've barely listened to the S/T since it came out. I'm in a weird spot with this band, I've had almost no urge to spin one of their albums in a while. When I want to listen to them, Lift a Sail is probably the one I'm reaching for - it may be low key taking over as my favorite.

24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That is a beautiful album. Wouldn't call it my favorite, but its by far the most beautiful sounding album.

25. Davjs

Trusted

Why not listen to a mix so you can get Be The Young, Awakening, Lift a Sail, Back Home and The Takedown all at once?