Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Band • Page 101

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by CoffeeEyes17, Mar 17, 2016.

1. ale5875

Regular

Hide (damn, that was tough, I love this song)
    Inside Out
    Light Up the Sky
    Down on My Head
    Ten
    Got Yours
    Make Me So (easily their worst song)

2. Davjs

Trusted

Ah! Too much Vicious Kind and Inside Out on everyone's list :tear:

Ten
    Sing For Me
    Date Line ( I Am Gone)
    Twentythree
    Make Me So
    Two Weeks From Twenty
    I'm A Wrecking Ball
    Something of Vaule (hard because I'm not too much of a fan of this album at all, but I think this is my least fav off it)

3. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Leave a Light On might be my favourite on the new album.

4. shea

RIP Supporter

Reading these lists, it's no wonder they stopped playing OFTK songs.

morken and Davjs like this.
  5. celluloid dreams

Regular

I spent years thinking You and Me and One Spotlight was the most forgettable track on Paper Walls, but over the past year or two it's become one of my absolute favorite Yellowcard songs.

6. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Yeah, that track is definitely one of my favorite YC songs. The back half of Paper Walls is pretty much flawless.

7. Davjs Apr 10, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 10, 2017)
    Davjs

Trusted

This is true for me too, besides Takedown: Cut Me, You and Me and the title track are my favorites on the album.

celluloid dreams likes this.
  8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

THere's something about that song that I enjoy running to haha. It's just so calming to me.

9. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Ryan announced a solo album yesterday a time an acoustic show in Texas

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Those last three are among my favorites too, probably their best stretch on an album.

11. Davjs

Trusted

The only two up front that would make me fight for it are Keeper and Takedown. Those 5 always make my YC mixes.

celluloid dreams likes this.
  12. Davjs

Trusted

Will it be under the Will & The Whiskeymen banner you think or his name? I wonder if the rest of them will continue with music.

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

That's cool he's doing solo stuff. Unfortunately, I wasn't digging any of his newest solo stuff though. Will be interesting to see what he does.

14. Davjs

Trusted

That'll be a fun game to play, what is everyone's favorite 3 song stretch in their discography?

I'd probably have to go with Awakening, Surface of the Sun and Always Summer.

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Just saw they converted their website to a type of tribute page with things from fans: Farewell

Davjs likes this.
  16. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Cheating a little bit, but the only run that might compete with the one I mentioned is Sleep in the Snow-A Vicious Kind-Telescope-Rivertown Blues.

They have a frustrating number of four song runs in which three of the songs are amazing and I'm not crazy about the other one. I took note of four or five of those when I was glancing through their discography.

Davjs likes this.
  17. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Ahhh my favorite 3 song stretch:

Five Becomes Four
    Afraid
    Date Line

Davjs likes this.
  18. Hate to go with the obvious and I definitely think they have better songs individually, but the three song stretch that opens Ocean Avenue is a serious ass kicker

Scoob, YouOnlyLukeOnce and Davjs like this.
  19. celluloid dreams

Regular

We have the same top 5 from PW.

These are all good too though.

Davjs likes this.
  20. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The Hurt Is Gone acoustic is awesome. So is What Appears acoustic

Scoob likes this.
  21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

22. trevorshmevor Apr 26, 2017
    (Last edited: Apr 26, 2017)
    Decided to try out a new podcast called Stand By Your Band after hearing about it through a different one I listen to. Description says that it's a few guys "talking about the bands that Pitchfork attacks and your friends make fun of. The comics have on guests who love a band that everyone seems to hate, and together they give that band a fair chance"

Was excited to see a Yellowcard episode to dive into and... wow. 45 minutes in and they've pretty much been demeaning the band, the members, and their fans at every turn, and consistently spewing misinformation. They're also unsurprisingly entirely ignoring the entire second half of their discography except for OA acoustic. Why does shit like this exist?

23. celluloid dreams

Regular

Sorry if this is common knowledge, but do we know if any farewell shows were recorded for a possible live release one day? The setlist on the fall tour especially was so damn good that I would be thrilled if that were the case.

24. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I would actually be very surprised if they didn't film something. I haven't heard of them doing it though.

25. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

Yikes yeah, I am listening now and I am only like 15 minutes in and this is bad. I don't understand the concept of talking about something that you don't have much knowledge about.