Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard - Yellowcard (September 30, 2016) Album • Page 65

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Contender, RoKKeR, RJ Knorr and 3 others like this.
  2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

3. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Craig Manning likes this.
  4. Davjs

Trusted

Put together a music video to What Appears as sort of a farewell.

betheyoung3 and teebs41 like this.
  5. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Revisiting this album now a few months later. It still has a very strong emotional value to me. The lyrics and emotion behind the songs still hit very close to home and I think it's really top tier stuff for the band.

Also. Lift a Sail has really grown on me in the last few months. I am of the opinion that Fragile and Dear is a Top 10-15 Yellowcard song at this point.

6. YouOnlyLukeOnce Feb 7, 2017
    (Last edited: Feb 7, 2017)
    YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

This and Illuminate are easily two of the best songs YC has written.

Scoob and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  7. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Nearing the final shows. Revisited this album today. It still rules.

Scoob and josephcissell like this.
  8. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Sort of forgot about this album the last few months because of all the great releases in 2017 so far. Back on it today, and it's probably going to lead to a Yellowcard all-day binge. God damn I'm going to miss this band.

9. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Can't believe this is over. Feels like just yesterday I was at their one-off show in pa when they released WYTTSY early. I was just so excited they were back.

josephcissell and KidLightning like this.
  10. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

And yeah, this record still rips

11. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

I really wanted to be there tonight :verysad::verysad::verysad:

12. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

this album is great

i'm sad :(

13. josephcissell

Regular

Spinning this all day today. What a way to end.

14. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

I'm surprised that they didn't play "October Nights" for their last show. That was a staple through most of their career

trevorshmevor and shea like this.
  15. shea

RIP Supporter

I know I'm in the vast minority here but it's really disappointing they only played one pre-OA song on the main part of the tour and then nothing for the final stretch. I know they said it drains the energy out of the room when they play that stuff now but that last show should have at least had one.

16. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

My first Yellowcard experience was probably unlike anyone else's. I grew up in Santa Barbara, which just happened to be the home of Lobster Records, which the band released One For The Kids through. I was in high school at this time, and Yellowcard actually played a show at my high school during lunch time. Being that it was a HS sound system, outside at lunch... the microphones were having issues and not really working, so we were treated to an entirely instrumenal set haha. It was strange and memorable, but looking back it's funny how different things became

teebs41, Scoob, josephcissell and 7 others like this.
  17. shea

RIP Supporter

I remember when I first got into them like right after OA broke seeing something about that on their website and being dead set on getting them to do it at my school. Knowing what the next couple of years entailed for them, I couldn't imagine that happening now, haha.

18. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Its late and I'm deep in my feelings.

So, my introduction to Yellowcard was the song "Lights & Sounds". I liked it, it was really cool and kinda heavy for pop punk. I'd put it on mixtapes and stuff just because it was infectious. Then of course hearing "Ocean Avenue" I was like "oh the Lights and Sounds band? Awesome, this song is pretty good too" and that was really it for a while. I didnt REALLY start listening to full albums until 2010 or so. That year, The Upsides dominated my life but another little pop punk gem found its way into my world: "For You And Your Denial". I went out and bought WYTTSY and was pretty much hooked. I went backwards of course and really enjoyed the previous records. Was floored when Southern Air came out, really enjoyed LaS and was apparently only a small part of the fanbase that did, and of course I love this album as well. Easily one of the top discographies from our little music world and god fucking damn it I'm going to miss them.

19. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

20. [​IMG]

I'm gonna pretend that's AbsolutePunk.net being browsed. Heh.

21. Contender

Goodness is Nowhere Supporter

There's always something reminding me that they have ended, and now I want to cry.

22. shea

RIP Supporter

ouch, my adolescence
    :worried:

23. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Super glad this exists, I had the specific thought that The Hurt Is Gone was an anticlimactic final music video for them a few times

Davjs likes this.
  24. Davjs

Trusted

This is such a fantastic final music video. It's so well shot and the idea to follow a fan and band around before a final show is such a good idea. Its works on both levels of a music video and a farewell.

My only minor complaint is that they played this song live during the tour, so when the band performance part comes in it would have been nice to see footage from the actual song instead of all slow mo random band shots.

Scoob and earthlight like this.
  25. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

I wish we would have gotten to see Sean and Ryan do their solos on camera too, but it was a nice video. Perfect song to end with

Scoob and earthlight like this.