Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard - Yellowcard (September 30, 2016) Album • Page 64

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Jun 6, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

still looking for two tickets to the philly show, close to face, if someone can't go. make ya boys me and @jordalsh happy

jordalsh likes this.
  2. Kevin360

Someday I’ll find me Prestigious

Anyone in the Orlando area looking to buy two tickets for the Tuesday, November 22nd show?

Wife and I couldn't find anyone to watch our kids that evening, but we'll be in town for Disney anyway.

3. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

those aren't philly tickets
    god damnit kevin

Kevin360 and jordanjohnson09 like this.
  4. chorus cuties tryin to see a show here give us a help

cwhit and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  5. Iago

forbidden chalice.

i love What Appears

RJ Knorr and RoKKeR like this.
  6. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Catching the tour tonight! So pumped. Looking forward to hearing the new stuff live.

RoKKeR and RJ Knorr like this.
  7. RoKKeR

The Fly

This album is just so good. I listened all the way through prior to seeing them in SLC a few days ago, and each song kills. I haven't been able to get enough of Empty Street this week...

8. celluloid dreams

Regular

Made the mistake of reading the Yellowcard shoutbox on last.fm

[​IMG]

KidLightning likes this.
  9. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

The user probably thinks electronic music is trash. What a dork

YouOnlyLukeOnce likes this.
  10. chickenlover

Said I'm okay, but I know how to lie.

Hey, electronic music is trash most of the time.

Davjs likes this.
  11. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

nah

12. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

I wonder how the reception would have been if the last two albums were more of the "classic" Yellowcard sound.

13. danielm123

Trusted

I probably would've enjoyed them, but they would've left me wishing that they had tried something new. I'm pretty sure that the "classic" sounding albums wouldn't have given me the same enjoyment as this one. I've always loved it when they experiment, though, and have always wished that they would've experimented even more, so I probably feel a bit differently than those who consider OA their best. I think after SA, they really had to try something new, because SA was the perfection of their "classic" sound

14. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

what a narrow minded viewpoint

celluloid dreams likes this.
  15. somethingliketj

And that's why you always leave a note.

Didn't want to post preemptively but after spending more time with this record, it still just doesn't hit me as hard as I hoped it would. There's a few good songs, but a lot of lukewarm ones. (Though Fields and Fences is a great way to wrap up their discography) I think if I had to rank more comfortably now:

Paper Walls
    Ocean Ave
    Southern Air
    WYTTSY
    Self-Titled
    One For The Kids
    Lift a Sail

chickenlover likes this.
  16. Davjs

Trusted

What if they never released SA and that was their last album!? I think people would be loosing their minds lol.

I think this album feels like a final album though, and it's grown on me a ton. Empty street is moving up the ranks of my favorite YC songs.

chickenlover likes this.
  17. chickenlover

Said I'm okay, but I know how to lie.

The solo and the bridge into the final chorus are insane. Those harmonies in the bridge are giving me the chills.

18. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

They were really good last night in Boston. Probably the best concert experience i've been to in a while. Heard a few Lift A Sail songs live for the first time too. Was never into the album, but I appreciate it more now after seeing them live.

somethingliketj and Davjs like this.
  19. Davjs

Trusted

Same, after hearing Crash The Gates live, I always have it on my Yellowcard playlist. So heavy sounding live.

20. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Great album is still great.

RoKKeR and JRGComedy like this.
  21. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

I actually prefer Lift A Sail to this. Just haven't been able to get into this one at all.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  22. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Interestingly enough the record that has grown on me the most in the past four to five months is When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes. That record is awesome.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  23. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I don't agree but can see how someone would feel that way for sure.

24. RoKKeR

The Fly

I know rankings are lame, but...

Paper Walls
    Ocean Avenue
    Yellowcard
    Southern Air
    Lights and Sounds
    When You're Through Thinking, Say Yes
    Lift a Sail
    OFTK

So happy that they have gone out on such a high note. Incredible record and an even better farewell tour is probably all they could have asked for.

25. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

this has various tracks growing on me constantly. the hooks of Got Yours and Empty Street are constantly stuck in my head even when i haven't listened to them in days.

i'm SO incredibly upset i wasn't able to catch their final Bay Area shows. i saw they scheduled their FINAL show in March on my birthday in Anaheim and i think tix already sold out :(((( i would KILL to be at that show