Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard - Yellowcard (September 30, 2016) Album • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Jun 6, 2016.

1. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Southern Air, Rivertown, or Sleep In The Snow

Penguin and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  2. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Sleep In The Snow is a really good one that a lot of people overlook on SA I think.

Penguin likes this.
  3. alexplaysbass

According to my iTunes play count; Paper Walls, Southern Air & Dateline. Honourable mentions to Rocket & Keeper.

4. that ending

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  5. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

oh yeah, that song is beautiful. great vocals, great melody

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  6. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

I need to hop on the Yellowcard b-side train since I've heard a lot of them are excellent

supernovagirl likes this.
  7. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

Mine would be Fighting or Ocean Avenue, especially the acoustic version

Love all their albums though

8. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

Yeah that was so weird. I just recently learned that that album was pushed up to September though.

9. Horrorca

Trusted

The Hotelier roll out was also horrible... v_v not to mention I pre-ordered my vinyl copy like almost three months from now (although that seems to be the standard now, jeez)

10. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

How was I not subscribed to this thread? Wow.

Favorite YC song is damn near impossible. gotta be between You and Me and One Spotlight, Afraid, Sleep in the Snow, and Southern Air. Maybe? Fuck, I don't know.

CoffeeEyes17 and Jason Tate like this.
  11. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

Anyone know why Hopeless Records decided to announce album details before releasing any music? Don't get the point of it honestly.

12. Brandon339

Newbie Supporter

I kind of passively enjoyed Southern Air (the song) when the album first came out, but it quickly became a favorite. It's one of the perfect songs to drive around in the summer with your windows down to.

13. Smage

lo mein connoisseur Supporter

It used to be Only One then Awakening but now Southern Air is currently my favorite song. But someone mentioned Rocket and I absolutely adore that song.

14. RoKKeR

The Fly

Keeper has and always will be my favorite Yellowcard song... lots to choose from, though.

15. celluloid dreams

Regular

Holly Wood Died and Keeper are my two absolute favorites.

16. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

you do because they are.

Since we are on the topic of favorite YC songs....mine is three flights down, followed by when we're old men. Both b-sides.

earthlight and CoffeeEyes17 like this.
  17. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Mine are Gifts and Curses (that build-up during the bridge), Back Home, Be the Young and Southern Air.

18. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

gifts and curses tho....thanks for bringing that up.

19. morken

Not everything means something, honey Supporter

Didn't realize until now that those are actually the last song on three albums. heh.

20. MatthewDuke

Regular Supporter

Gifts and Curses, With You Around, and Southern Air. Top 3 right there for me personally. They are right behind Jimmy Eat World for me in terms of closing songs. I can't think of one I dislike.

21. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

My favourite b sides are Firewater and Bombers

earthlight likes this.
  22. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

I listened to the Spider-Man 2 soundtrack a month or so ago, and that thing is still fucking hilariously awesome. How'd they get Dashboard and Yellowcard to hand over some of their best songs as soundtrack exclusives?

23. nfdv2

Trusted Prestigious

exc ited

hope they don't regress

earthlight likes this.
  24. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Bombers is the sh1t.

Have you guys heard this one? Wanna talk about a change of pace..

25. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

The story about Keeper is pretty crazy. I've spoken to people in the band about it before. That was planned to be the next big marketed single from Paper Walls, and right as they were about to begin heavily marketing that song and the album again, there were some major changes at Capitol and Yellowcard and that record were pretty much buried and/or forgotten...and eventually dropped. The band is still really bummed about it.

Scoob and smoke4thecaper like this.