Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard - Yellowcard (September 30, 2016) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Jun 6, 2016.

1. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

Too many bands announce their albums months in advance. Two months, okay I understand - but 4? No. Stop.

This isn't referring to YC or Sum 41, b/c I realize the leaked info forced their hands. Relient K and Bayside both shoulda chilled and waited another couple weeks though.

2. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Yeah, if you have a leak like that, move up the date. I feel like there's plenty of time for them/the label to revise their plans for marketing and release. If the vinyl isn't available at release or if the band doesn't hit the road for a week or two after, I don't think that's the end of the world. But hey, plenty of music to delve into in the meantime. I can wait.

3. smoke4thecaper

out of context reference Supporter

^ very true. 2016 has been nuts for music and it's only June!

4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Just want to drop in to say that moving up a release date of any product is extremely hard to do

5. Craig Manning

Harder than maintaining interest and momentum for four months? It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

6. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Strongly agree. I think if you're going to announce the album, you have to put up the preorders. At the very least. So many people were excited at yesterday's announcement by Yellowcard...but there was nowhere for them to go to buy it.

smoke4thecaper likes this.
  7. That's on the Russians and their label.

earthlight likes this.
  8. I totally forgot how good "Soundtrack" is

9. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

Moving up release won't move up when records are pressed

10. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

It's tough, there is way more planning than customers/fans see from the outside.

KidLightning likes this.
  11. "Paper Walls".....like what a way to drop the mic, say phase one is over. that song and "Southern Air" do things to me

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  12. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

yesss Paper Walls vibes yesssss

13. elphshelf

100% made of farts Supporter

I still think they should have released Paper Walls before Lights and Sounds.

14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Films don't get pushed forward when movie info/casting is leaked. They do t release a film any earlier because a trailer is generating a lot of buzz. Just the way it is.

It's not the album leaked.

Jason Tate likes this.
  15. danielm123

Trusted

Actually, I've always felt like Paper Walls was the perfect combination of Lights and Sounds and Ocean Avenue.

FTank likes this.
  16. re: Bayside. they do this every time. Killing Time was announced like 6 months out or something crazy

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  17. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Ya Bayside have a bad habit of announcing super early but thats ok because their music is dope.

Whats everyones favorite Yellowcard track? I think mine is "You and Me and One Spotlight". I just love the buildup and how epic that song feels.

Slangster likes this.
  18. Probably still One Year Six Months. Maybe Southern Air has beaten it.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  19. Southern Air or Paper Walls.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  20. [removed]

Trusted Prestigious

Paper Walls came out the summer before I went to college. Crazy amounts of nostalgia attached to an album that's damn good without the sentimental tag.

21. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

View From Heaven will always be one of my favorites from them. Got me through a tough time when a relative of mine passed.

Other than that, I really like The Takedown, Cut Me, Mick, Date Line. I'll just stop there. Hard to pick one favorite for me haha

22. skurt

Sleekest of beaks. So Good.

Norma Jean announcing a September release in March with no other information was the oddest recent case of this.

23. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

"Southern Air" would be my #2 for sure. What a great song.

24. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

Honestly think it might For You and Your Denial, not even a big fan of WYTTSY. But I never ever skip that song on shuffle.

Jake Z likes this.
  25. Craig Manning

Gotta be "Back Home." That song has a very special place in my heart.

Jason Tate and CoffeeEyes17 like this.