Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard to Release Self-Titled Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 6, 2016.

1. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

These are definitely some of the darker song titles I've seen from them.

2. Brent

Trusted Prestigious

Can't be any worse than Lift A Sail, right? That was such a letdown album. Either way, always excited for new YC.

3. jorbjorb

7 rings

lift a sail was really good. this band can do no wrong.

FTank likes this.
  4. Scoob

Regular

Agreed. I listened to it a few days ago, and there are still some tracks I skip over, but the ones I do like I listen closely and hear new things each time.

5. JulieLynn

Karma is the Guy On The Chiefs Supporter

I love this band so freaking much! I hope this album is just as good as the last.

6. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

What have we done to deserve all these releases in 2016?

jorbjorb likes this.
  7. joebosslet

Lift A Sail has really grown on me a ton. I am really stoked for this new one!

8. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

I don't get why Lift a Sail gets so much hate. Illuminate is one of the best songs the band has written. That album was my favorite for a while but Paper Walls passed it again because that album and Southern Air are so good. Hopefully we get a single dropping soon. I assume it's close since warped is already almost here

9. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Band just officially announced the album on social media. Here is the actual track list:

9/30/16
    YELLOWCARD - YELLOWCARD
    1. Rest In Peace
    2. What Appears
    3. Got Yours
    4. A Place We Set Afire
    5. Leave A Light On
    6. The Hurt Is Gone
    7. Empty Street
    8. I'm A Wrecking Ball
    9. Savior's Robes
    10. Fields & Fences

Scoob and jorbjorb like this.
  10. TDenverFan

Regular

On Facebook they siad the 30th, which makes more sense since that's a Friday

11. Chummel

This Must Be My Dream

Cannot wait I love Lift A Sail too and hope they expand upon that album

12. artbynickferran

nickferran.com

That makes me feel a little better about it I suppose. I honestly like the photo a lot more without the text on it.

13. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I wonder which song will be the first single. Hope they release it soon

14. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I think Southern Air is their best album, with Ocean Avenue not far behind. I really hope they go back to that summery sound. Was not a fan of Lift A Sail at all. I listen to Yellowcard for summery, vibrant pop-punk, and I think many bands do the sort of Lift A Sail type music better.

15. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Very excited!

16. StoJa9

Regular

My heart breaks not seeing LP3 in that photo. As much as I love Nate, he's not Longineu. :brokenheart:

Colby Searcy likes this.
  17. Wish I could love Lift A Sail like most people. It was underwhelming and uninspired for the most part.

Hoping this one makes up for it.

supernovagirl likes this.
  18. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I AM INCREDIBLY EXCITED.

19. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

I'm really excited for news, just surprised it's so far away. Hopefully they debut a single on warped tour. Also, I'm not a huge fan of having a self titled album. Idk why. I have no real reason; that is not a valid critique or anything.
    I'm super stoked that the cover was shot by Mendez, he's such a good photographer.

20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I don't think they planned to announce it this soon, but they did so because the album art and track list leaked online.

Scoob likes this.
  21. jordanjohnson09

Regular

i'm just here to say WYTTSY is great too. heck. they are all great!

sebastianrcgr likes this.
  22. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

ohh true. I didn't see it leak anywhere...I must be pretty out of the loop.

23. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

i didnt love lift a sail, but the songs i did like are among my favorites by yc

this is the coolest album cover ive seen all year. hope the music lives up to it haha