Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard to Release Self-Titled Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 6, 2016.

1. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

It's just different. As you and a few others have said, it takes some time to process. It certainly has grown on me a ton since its release. I find myself going back to it more and more.

I'm really interested to see which direction they go in here. Plenty of bands take their sound in a new direction and then revert back, while others continue going for a new or different sound.

2. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

I was thinking this same thing but didn't want to sound too spoiled. But yeah, it's a long time from now.

3. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

That's totally fair. Admittedly, it didn't hit me how good it was until quite recently.

If what people are saying are correct, they're going to revert. I really hope they don't, but I can see why they might revert and expand their sound in a different direction instead. I don't know what to expect with this one.

4. Colby Searcy

Is admired for his impeccable (food) tastes Prestigious

Any idea who is playing drums?

5. Craig Ismaili

@tgscraig Prestigious

Nate Young formerly of Anberlin did the drumming again

6. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

Album cover inspires a Lights and Sounds + Southern Air vibe. Also, the title of the last track sounds like a country (or at least an acoustic) song.

devenstonow likes this.
  7. BleedingDodgerBlue

September 29th? Wow, the NFL will be like 4-5 games in by then, seems very far away. Looks like they are getting pictures together for a video that will come out soon, so at least we'll get to hear something.

8. Fuckkmerunning

SO PUMPED!!!!

9. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

2016 is getting more awesome each day.

10. jorbjorb

7 rings

the fact that it's self titled means it's going to be aoty. I can't wait. Also, I love the artwork.

11. sawhney[rusted]

luv is blind

I have a hunch that this will be their best album.

12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

I hope this is as good as Southern Air

13. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

I was a bit disappointed with Lift A Sail but am very excited for this one. Love the album art image.

And for those saying it's so far away, the info leaked. I'm sure it wasn't planned to be announced for a little while still. I feel bad for them though. Seems like their album details always leak really early.

14. NotBruce

Regular

I always felt guilty for not loving Lift A Sail. I didn't hate it at all, it just didn't stick with me for some reason.

I'll have to go back and re-visit it soon, I love this band and I have high hopes for this album.

15. DearCory

Regular

Guess I'm in the minority of loving Lift a Sail... cannot wait to hear where they take this album. These guys, to me, have one of the most consistent catalogs all while each album has its own unique sound

16. CMilliken

Trusted

I was wondering if this was one of his pictures. He has some great pics on Instagram and I was hoping he'd shoot something for the album cover.

17. CMilliken

Trusted

I have honestly enjoyed every album Yellowcard has put out. While I think some are better than others, they haven't released a bad album yet. Hoping for more of a Paper Walls vibe. Excited for anything by them though. Also hope these rumors of it being their last album aren't true.

NewSurrender and sebastianrcgr like this.
  18. shawnhyphenray

Regular

To me every title sounds like a possible acoustic track.

19. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know why, but I always find it more exciting when an upcoming album is self-titled, especially when it's a band that already has a couple albums. It just says "Look, this album is us".

If Thrice ever releases a self-titled album, I'll shit my pants.

tmski and SayHello like this.
  20. Anthony Brooks

brook183 Supporter

I want the watermarks to stay

21. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

Wasn't into the last one at all, but i'll give this a whirl.

22. grimis16

Regular

dude on the right looks photoshopped in

23. bptky

check out Musica - Akron's best live music venue

The artwork is already an improvement, I'm just hoping this is better than Lift A Sail in its entirety.

24. TDenverFan

Regular

I wonder if Portman will play bass on the album. I believe Mendez did all the bass on LaS, and Portman wasn't a part of the recording process at all.

25. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

They posted something on Instagram a while back showing portman playing bass in the studio, so I'd assume the answer to this is yes.