Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Suing Juice WRLD • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 22, 2019.

1. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Curious to know the basis for why he believes the MMA is unconstitutional. Have any sources for reading about this?

2. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Seconded. A lot of people are making this very personal about Yellowcard, but this is part of business a lot bigger than just the band, not dissimilar to from brand copyright cases, and people should probably pump the breaks with assumptions about how this lawsuit was initiated.

.K. likes this.
  3. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Busch works on the plaintiff side, so a defendant like Juice WRLD wouldn't have been looking to hire him in the first place.

It's the retroactive immunity part -- wiping out accrued copyright claims arguably violates the Takings Clause.

It's a pure business decision -- with a colorable claim against a megahit, if you can initiate suit within three years of the hit being released (i.e., when they make the majority of their profits), you do it. Now Juice WRLD has to decide whether to settle or fight.

4. genericities

instagram.com/pegasusrides_

yeah sorry I def hear this, the melodies are nearly identical when transposed into the same key and have the exact same cadence / phrasing on top of that

and most catchy melodies are "simple" so that's not really an argument

.K. likes this.
  5. slickdtc

Regular Supporter

Just heard Juice Wrld has died.

6. DandonTRJ

~~~ヾ(^∇^ Supporter

Yeah, I was thinking about that. Case presumably now proceeds against his estate instead. What a shame.

mattylikesfilms likes this.