Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Stream New Song; Say Goodbye • Page 4

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

Damn this hurts... I love their music and am really looking forward to hearing this last record. RIP is great. Here's hoping a date in Montreal or Quebec City gets added in the future.

2. bradpetrik

Trusted Prestigious

Am I supposed to feel something?

Serenity Now likes this.
  3. 59 X Records

New single sounds great - hope we get to hear more of the story on this album, lyrical themes, etc. I'll never forget when I went to a Tower Records the day Ocean Avenue came out and the employee had to go into the back to get the CD for me. He asked me "Do you think I should put these out? Do you think this is going to be a popular record?" I'll never forget this band.

4. jordanjohnson09

Regular

it took me a while to actually get into it probably because i was too bitter about LPIII leaving.

5. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I was never a huge YC fan after ocean avenue, but the new song is great and I'm excited for the record. Glad I got to see them a couple times and hopefully once again.

6. kait_whiteside

Bummer. These dudes were a huge part of my formative years.

7. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I was just having a conversation about how Yellowcard has always been one of my favorite bands without realizing it. I was always invested in their new releases and could always throw on their songs whenever. I will miss them so damn much.

And you better bet your ass that I preordered the album on /300 vinyl and will be losing my mind at the Detroit date of their tour.

Thanks for everything, Yellowcard. I love you.

CMilliken likes this.
  8. Liz

Ew, David

9. red8ge

Regular

I'm sure we'll see them in 2020

YouOnlyLukeOnce likes this.
  10. beckerm6

you think they'll do an album anniversary tour?

11. 2DSteve

I first started reading AbsolutePunk around the time Ocean Avenue was released. The reviews for that album were glowing and it's still as magic as it was way back then. This really sucks. On the plus side, "Rest In Peace" is a killer song. Hope the whole album turns out this good. I'm thinking it will :)

Jason Tate likes this.
  12. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

:verysad:

Hoping to see them one last time in Paris. What a journey it's been.

13. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Was introduced to them on Pepsi Smash early in high school and like so many others they got me into the music scene. Over time my music tastes slightly veered away from them, though I continued to enjoy their music (even if I sometimes forget how much). I'll always think of them as my first legit favourite band. Wish they were heading north of the border for a farewell tour show, but so it goes.

RIPYC.

14. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Always took them for granted. I've only ever seen them at Warped Tour, which sucks. I won't miss this tour lets go Observatory, Santa Ana!

15. TDenverFan

Regular

Their t shirts say 1997-2017, so they'll probably do at least an overseas tour after the US one they just announced.

kidinthebushes likes this.
  16. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

they better not forget when they said that their best shows ever were down here. we'll go 10x as nuts this time around.

17. ThePicazo

based

Really sad to see them go, but not entirely surprised by the announcement either. Looking forward to the new album too after Lift a Sail. I think I'm in the minority when I say that was definitely one of their best albums.

I had always hoped for a 10-year Paper Walls tour, but this last tour will be just as incredible.

CMilliken and FTank like this.
  18. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I always liked their one song about Cherry street.

19. kevin_tron_taco

So fucking depressed about this. So many great memories driving around while listening to them and going to see their shows every year with my best friend.

20. CMilliken

Trusted

I was hoping for a 10 year Paper Walls tour too. I've loved every album by YC but Paper Walls is my favorite.

tenspeed and ThePicazo like this.
  21. JoshRaptorTire

My Dinosaur Life

I love this band to death but there following the same suit as the last time they called it quits experimental album that does not get good reception make one more and call it a day. (I'm referring lights and sounds) I will miss these guys dearly they have always had there music by my side and I will not miss this last tour. Too bad lp3 won't be joining them one last time.

22. thisisacting__

Regular Supporter

Can someone give me insight into why their drummer left the group?

23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

No one really knows.

24. zachmacD Jun 24, 2016
    (Last edited: Jun 25, 2016)
    zachmacD

Trusted

I was never into this band until wyttsy but that album and southern air were both awesome. Also hoping that "keeper" finds it's way into the setlist

25. JoshRaptorTire

My Dinosaur Life

Creative differences. Sounds like it wasn't a clean split either at least when it happened.