Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard Stream New Song; Say Goodbye • Page 3

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 24, 2016.

1. CMilliken

Trusted

I've been listening to this band for nearly 14 years. They haven't put out an album I have been disappointed with. It's been stated before but I feel like I've grown up with this band. Sad to see them go but wish them the best of luck in the future.

Snagged that /300 press real quick. Can't wait to hear the new album and for one last show.

Anthony_D'Elia and Contender like this.
  2. sebastianrcgr

this is really hard to swallow...

but thanks for everything Yellowcard, one of my all time fav, hope you guys go out with a blast!

Contender likes this.
  3. Fuckkmerunning

Love this band. Sad to see them go but so happy I will be able to go to there last ever US show.

4. jwmccut13

I remember seeing the video for way away before an episode of the o.c. and I loved them ever since. First band I got into involving this scene. I got to see them live once and it was easily one of the top shows I've been to. Gonna miss these guys immensely. 13 years following this band and now it's ending.

5. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

yeah this one stings, i remember the first time I saw them they opened for Sugarcult at this really small venue in my town. A month later they were headlineing a tour with Park. They came around my town the most a band ever have, i want to say i think i've seen these guys like 15 times live. I'm going to miss them

6. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Also, I guess this dashes all my hopes of maybe getting Paper Walls Acoustic next year for the 10-year anniversary. And for a Paper Walls Anniversary Tour.

Again, goddammit.

tmski likes this.
  7. The Meech

with SO many bands from the early/mid 2000s reuniting/coming back from hiatuses in the past year, it's going to feel especially weird not having YC around.

8. efp722

Regular

RIP is growing on me.

Just preordered Transparent Cloudy Clear W/ Opaque Grey,Black, Cream Splatter

Fuckkmerunning likes this.
  9. I just listened to Convocation and it has me feeling some kind of way. It's the end of an era :(

YouOnlyLukeOnce and drummerAVA like this.
  10. Mr. Serotonin

I'm still staring down the sun Prestigious

This band got me into this sorta music when i heard "Ocean Avenue". I Was in like 7th grade and it was the first time I had heard that genre of music and i got addicted. Sad to see them go.

11. MightyBrian

This is where I am suppose to write something cool Prestigious

lucky site is still coming up down for me

12. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

So many close minded people. Like, I don't care if you like Lift a Sail or not, it doesn't suck.

13. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

well, fuck my life then.

i always ask this when good bands leave us so i'll ask it again: god why won't you just take the story so far instead?

oldboot, ThePicazo, FTank and 2 others like this.
  14. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Always was a special kind of excitement tearing a new yellowcard song. What a sad, sad day.

Thank you for all of the music and memories.

FTank likes this.
  15. fbrrocks

Trusted

Rip so they are a must see for me at warped now because the fall tour is skipping my state

16. CMilliken

Trusted

Completely agree with this statement. Lift A Sail is a fantastic album.

17. Matt504

Trusted Prestigious

I'm happy they announced this now, especially with them not doing New Orleans on the last tour, I'll get to see them one last time on Monday...

18. AelNire

@RiotGrlErin Supporter

I'm consoling myself with a pint of ice cream.

19. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Those people and their opinions are wrong.

20. efp722

Regular

Definitely took a few tries but I got it in.

ha

21. fourstarters

Team Wiggum

I figured this was coming, but really didn't want it to. Thank you for everything.

22. Lex

the horizon is my home

I don't even know what to say... I hate band breakups, but since these guys have been one of my favorites for so long, it hurts so much more. I love them so much.

I don't really get to go to many shows anymore, but I will make sure I get tickets for November. I'm even considering actually going to the Warped date too, even though I swore I'd never go again. :concerned:

23. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

This hurts so much

24. NitrateDawn

Regular

In truth I haven't been a fan of much since Paper Walls, but it's still pretty emotional to see them go and I may have to see them when they come to Seattle since I've never seen them. New song is pretty good too.

25. carlosonthedrums

Cooler than a polar bear's toenails Prestigious

I think this calls for a Gifts and Curses drum cover.