Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard B-Sides on Streaming Platforms

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

Where’s the Patrick Stump version of Here I Am Alive? That’s gotta get released or leak at some point right?

3. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

Apple music took down One for the Kids which has my favorite Yellowcard song Rough Draft :verysad: SADDAD!

4. CMilliken

Trusted

Odd that they left Where We Stand. Assume it's a label thing. I luckily own One for the Kids.

5. tyler2tall

Trusted Supporter

I noticed this a couple weeks ago. Whats really weird is its still up on Spotify

6. joebosslet

I love Southern Air so much. Such a great album front to back.

7. Former Planets

Aaaachem!

It’s perfect. It’s strange to me I’ve listened to it probably 200 times and Lift a Sail once.

8. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

"Promises" is top-tier Yellowcard as far as I'm concerned.

9. punkmrdubs

the "fix you" cover on southern air b-sides has been an mp3 must have on my phone for years because it's never been on streaming. this is big. fuck i love southern air. and self titled. and yellowcard.

10. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

Promises is absolutely incredible, what a monster song

11. Maverick

Trusted

STILL no Gifts & Curses though.. ugh.

12. parkerxcore

Somebody's gonna miss us Supporter

This sentence is spot on

13. surgerone

Regular Supporter

LOVE Southern Air, but Lift a Sail has a special place in my heart. It has some of my all time favorite YC songs.

14. surgerone

Regular Supporter

also, Apple Music doesn't have Lights and Sounds? wtf

15. sammyboy516

Trusted Prestigious

As far as I know this is the first time the acoustic version of Telescope has been released anywhere besides that YouTube video for the song. I always thought that was weird. Glad to have it digitally now.

16. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

You know, I wish I liked Lift a Sail more than I already do, but I just don't go back to it as much as their other albums. "Illuminate" through "MSK" is honestly one of the best string of songs on any of their albums. I think it's just the slow pace and the dreary tone that requires me to be in a certain mood to sit and listen to it from front to back.

surgerone likes this.
  17. earthlight

Trusted Supporter

It’s there for me

18. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

a shame because it's a top 5 YC song

Maverick, Matt Metzler and K0ta like this.
  19. K0ta

wrap yourself in petals for armor.

I bought the Spider-Man 2 soundtrack for this song and I hate that I still can't get it on streaming

20. dp619

Regular Supporter

Need The Underdog EP to get added!

21. surgerone

Regular Supporter

Totally get it - when I'm in the mood for some sunny YC, I'll reach for like three other albums before this one. But when I'm in that more expansive/heavier (i guess?) mood, LaS hits perfectly.
    I also had this super intense experience digging through Ryan's and his wife's instagram while listening to LaS on headphones the night it was released and like following through their relationship and her injury that informed a lot of the album, so I have this very specific connection to the songs.

22. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Had to go listen to this. Hadn't heard it in years.

That bridge buildup into the big guitar riff gives me life.

Maverick, earthlight and K0ta like this.
  23. thegreatbenbino

Be excellent to each other! Supporter

I'd go as far as to say it's top 3

Maverick and Sean Murphy like this.
  24. zachmacD

Trusted

Is the self-titled any good? They lost me with Lift a Sail

earthlight likes this.
  25. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

It’s a great one. It’s a pretty cohesive mix of basically all of their other records.

earthlight likes this.