Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Yellowcard – “The Hurt Is Gone” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

2/2 for not liking. Wasn't a fan of Lift a Sail so probably won't enjoy this either..

3. Thomas Nassiff

i wrote it down for you Verified

no idea what this record is going to sound like but still in for a listen when it's out!

sebastianrcgr likes this.
  4. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

It's grown on me slightly but still not a huge fan. Liked the video though. Seems like it's about his relationship with his wife.

5. Fuckkmerunning

I loved it personally, the writing just hits so hard!

6. OpenIntro

llama llama

pretty sure it's going to sound like a Yellowcard record :)

7. VagrantWade

I'm not ready for Yellowcard to end.

Spencer Rhoton likes this.
  8. tomtom94

Trusted

I'll give it another listen but my first impression was that it kind of never really got going. Great hook though.

DesolateEarth likes this.
  9. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I'm not really into Yellowcard anymore but gave this a listen and really, really liked it.

Fuckkmerunning likes this.
  10. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

I enjoyed it far more than the last song.

11. 59 X Records

Not that it really matters - but I haven't seen any pictures of him with his wedding ring on. He had a really dark ring, so it was noticeable. A lot of this stuff seems really dark... I wonder if something happened. Either way, I am excited for this album and am really disappointed that the band is retiring. I'll never forget the day I went to Tower Records to buy Ocean Ave the day it came out and the clerk had to go into the back to get it. He asked me "Do you think people will be buying this?".

12. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I've liked both songs a lot so far and I love the instrumentals in this.

13. kidinthebushes

Trusted

Ditto.

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  14. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Love the visuals for this video.

NewSurrender and Fuckkmerunning like this.
  15. awilliams787

I have noticed the same thing. I started wondering as soon as he moved to Nashville, but now it really seems like something happened.

16. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

So isn't this song like 6+ minutes? Why is the video shorter?
    I could take or leave this song. I like the chorus and violin but that's about it.

17. dzyjay

Regular

I loved southern air so much, they set the bar to high with that one. I didn't like lift the sail or either of these new songs. Bummer.

18. dtbjerke

Regular Supporter

I've been underwhelmed by both of these songs' choruses. I thought they were both building to something big but neither got there. Still withholding final judgement until I hear them in the context of the album of course.

On a semi-related note, I went back and listened to Lift a Sail and liked it considerably more than I did last year. The beginning half-ish is pretty strong IMO.

19. Damien Davies

Idk Maybe Supporter

wait, how long is this song. I've seen like, three different lengths.

supernovagirl likes this.
  20. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The CD version is 6:25.

21. Yellowcard2006

Trusted

Kind of a boring mid-tempo song. Doesn't really stand-up to other songs similar they've written. It's just okay.

22. duermete

Long Lost Ceiling

This is so boring. Any song that I can predict the next lyric to as a non lyricist or musician is probably the sign of the end for a band. Used to like Yellowcard but they are basically pulling a DeLonge.

Edit: Southern Air was great. Lift a Sail was hackneyed and boring.

23. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I like the lyrics and video of this song. Expecting it to sound better in the context of the album like One Bedroom, Crash The Gates and Make Me So did on Lift A Sail

24. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

The guitar line is absolutely great. 2/2

25. tenspeed

i like the song but the video is like "cool so you bought a bunch of really good stock video and put it together"

earthlight likes this.