Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Y: The Last Man (FX) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, Nov 15, 2016.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

FINALLY SOME NEWS

An adaptation has been in the works forever, but it looks like it finally found a showrunner! No word on a timeframe yet, but this is enough to get me excited.

After months of mystery, the Y: The Last Man television series has landed a showrunner: Michael Green! Green is actually one of the perfect people to help adapt this iconic graphic novel, as he is currently co-showrunning another beloved adaptation, Neil Gaiman’s American Gods (along with Hannibal‘s Bryan Fuller). The Hollywood Reporter reports that Green will co-write the script with the creator of the original comic, Brian K. Vaughn.

Y: THE LAST MAN TV Series Coming to FX | Nerdist

Garrett L. and dadbolt like this.
  2. Joel

Trusted Prestigious

Yay

3. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

4. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

Im so glad the Shia Labeouf adaption with the director of Eagle Eye never got off the ground this needs to be a series/mini series. Definitely really excited for all the casting announcements.

5. SoundscapeMN

Regular

^same here..would have been worse than Penn Badgely as Jeff Buckley.

Jodi Foster as Yorick's sister?..isn't she kind of OLD for that role?

I'm very intrigued by this, although I worry my hopes will not be fulfilled.

I will say, I do enjoy The Runaways adaptation thus far.

Maybe Ex-Machina or Saga maybe will be in the works too.

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  6. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

She's up for Yorick's mother, Jennifer Brown.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I actually worry about Saga getting an adaptation. lol. That is a LOT to take on.

8. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

i think the best way to do it would be an animated series but i'm pretty sure brian has spoken at length about how saga will never get a film or tv adaptation.

9. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

Yeah animated would be the only realistic way to make it work without it being a ridiculously high budget or cutting a ton of stuff.

10. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Subbin'

Loved Y

11. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

helllll yesssss

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Y: The Last Man TV series casts its last man

[​IMG]

Barry Keoghan, best known for his work in Dunkirk and The Killing of a Sacred Deer, will star in the series as “Yorick Brown,” the lone survivor of an half-extinction-level event that wipes out most of mankind. Emphasis on man.

[​IMG]

Headlining the series will be Academy Award-nominated actress Diane Lane (Unfaithful, Man of Steel), who will join Keoghan as Senator Jennifer Brown, Yorick’s mother and a major political force before and after the plague.

Along with Lane, Y: The Last Man will costar Imogen Poots (Green Room) as Yorick’s sister Hero, an EMT who in the comic falls in with a violent group of “Amazons” after the plague; Lashana Lynch (upcoming Captain Marvel) as Agent 355, a Secret Service agent eventually tasked with protecting Yorick; Juliana Canfield (HBO’s Succession) as Beth, Yorick’s girlfriend who, in the comics, finds herself stranded in the Outback after the outbreak; and Marin Ireland (Hell or High Water) as Nora, the President’s senior assistant and right hand described in FX’s announcement as someone who “effortlessly balances family life with a job navigating the corridors of power.”

Michael Green (American Gods, Blade Runner 2049, Logan) and Aïda Mashaka Croal (Luke Cage, Turn) serve as showrunners on Y: The Last Man. Vaughan, along with Nina Jacobson and Brad Simpson (American Crime Story, Pose, The Hunger Games) are Executive Producers. Melina Matsoukas, who has directed episodes of Insecure and Master of None, along with Beyonce’s Formation video, will helm the pilot episode.

13. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

hell yeah, this rules

barry was really good in american animals too, if you have a chance to catch it

dadbolt likes this.
  14. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

here for all of that

15. SoundscapeMN

Regular

I like Diane Lane, and Imogen Poots I recall seeing in 1 or 2 things.

Barry Keoghan as Yorick?..not exactly who or what I pictured, but I hardly want to prejudge.

It's on imdb:
    Y (TV Movie) - IMDb

A women explores a way to survive in a post-apocalyptic world in which a cataclysmic event has decimated nearly every male mammal. TV adaptation of Y: The Last Man comic-book series.

I just attempted to add a correction ("A women"? should be "A man and his male-monkey companion" among a couple of other wording corrections). I have never actually tried to edit something on imdb, so I have no clue if my changes will go through.

Also Melina Matsoukas is the director? her resume looks kind of based around Music videos..:-/

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

James Gunn was all music videos before he broke out with Scooby and Slither. I don't put too much weight in a director's background.

Kingjohn_654 likes this.
  17. This better be great.

Jason Tate likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

19. SoundscapeMN

Regular

:thumbup:

20. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Garrett L. likes this.
  21. SoundscapeMN

Regular

Patience is a virtue?

22. Kingjohn_654

Longtime Sunshine Prestigious

I can't wait to be the smug fan that totally read the comics.

Jason Tate likes this.
  23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

24. CstSnow

Regular Supporter

Jesus, ever since the original movie production/pre-production this thing has been a mess.

25. SoundscapeMN

Regular

yeah, that hurts although as the article points out, Green has a history of that per The American Gods thing.

Maybe get the people who make The Runaways to take over? Stephanie Savage and Josh Schwartz?