Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

XXXTentacion’s Reported Victim Details Grim Pattern of Abuse in Testimony

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Pitchfork:

On August 25, Florida rapper XXXTentacion released his debut album, 17, which entered at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 chart. The music arrived amid online debate over the criminal case against the 19-year-old, whose real name is Jahseh Onfroy. Last October, prosecutors charged him with aggravated battery of a pregnant woman, domestic battery by strangulation, false imprisonment, and witness-tampering. […]

Now, Pitchfork has obtained a 142-page transcript of testimony by XXXTentacion’s reported victim, delivered over two and a half hours in January at a public defender’s office in Miami.

2. carrytheweird

www.nrdc.org

Send this scumbag to jail!

mattylikesfilms likes this.
  3. transrebel59

Regular

I don't know how to word this but this transcends being sexual assault. This is truly evil behavior.

4. simplejack

I wish I could say something but silence is fine.

This is really disturbing. And people still buy his music despite the fucked up guy he is.

5. felipecardel

formless in the night Prestigious

wow, listened to his album a couple times while not knowing about any of that. not anymore

6. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

This guy should not have a career.

skogsraet likes this.
  7. PandaBear!

Trusted Prestigious

Anyone who reads this then willingly listens to a second of this guy's music can honestly just leave this website and never come back. Or, at the very least, make yourself known so I can block you. Any conscious engagement with this guy's art is a declaration of support in my eyes.

8. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Damn there are some people on my Twitter feed talking about this guy's music excitedly, including Kendrick Lamar. Never heard his music before, but definitely won't be trying it out now. Scary when guys like this get famous as it will just make him think his choices have been fine or, worse, believe that they contribute to his success.

He's pretty damn young so hopefully he gets properly punished and learns to not be a piece of shit.

9. Bryan Diem

Trusted

So glad I never learned how to pronounce this guys name...

10. Philll

Trusted

I mean this has been pretty widely known for a long time. Why anyone has chosen to promote/work with this pos is insane to me. Should be an obvious choice to blackball this guy from the industry forever.

skogsraet likes this.
  11. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

dude is trash, his music sucks. lyrics straight from 2003 emo livejournals. like how can you look at this artwork and not cringe? "'The Naked Truth' hence the nude photos" Thanks dude for spelling it out, I would have never figured it out on my own... disappointed in kendrick on the cosign.

12. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

Feel like Pitchfork shouldn't have reviewed this.

fenway89, Philll and Aaron Mook like this.
  13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Fuck this dude. He's huge with my kids and it's always kind've horrifying to get into conversations about abuse against women with them and hear some of the viewpoints they have.

14. Turkeylegz

Trusted

I have never heard of him and will hopefully continue to do so.

15. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

The part about the barbecue fork and that whole situation was so disturbing and unsettling

Fuck this guy

16. SamLevi11

Trusted Prestigious

Listened to this guy last night for the first time as two guys at a festival recommended him to me. I thought it was shit.

Now I find out this. I regret even giving him a moment of my time.

17. That testimony is fucking horrifying. Hope he goes away for a long, long time.

18. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

beyond a piece of shit

19. honkytonk

Narcissism on narcotics

This guy is awful, what a horrible experience to go through.

20. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Had to skim through the article since it was too horrifying to read in full. I hope this demented sick fuck goes to jail for a very long time.

21. angrycandy

I’m drama in these khaki towns Supporter

fuck this guy