Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

XsandOs - Visions from the Dark (March 23, 2018) Album • Page 3

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by primavera, Feb 16, 2018.

1. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

one of my favorites to record, thanks bud

Deathco_019 likes this.
  2. nohandstoholdonto

problem addict Prestigious

Only had a chance to listen once so far but this is really cool! I can totally hear a lot of NIN/Reznor influence across the album, which I really appreciate.

teebs41 likes this.
  3. primavera

definitely was a huge influence, highest praise imaginable haha. thanks for checking it out!

nohandstoholdonto likes this.
  4. primavera

tough to get blogs to review the album, dang. most all the feedback has been very positive but it's either too electronic/ambient for some blogs, or not electronic EDM enough for others. bummer

5. Deathco_019

Drummer

Sounds v dumb of those blogs

primavera likes this.
  6. primavera

reached 500 streams. not that that's super earth-shattering or anything, but more than i expected over the weekend. pretty cool.

pretty sure this is going to be put out on tape too so keep eyes peeled if that’s your kinda thing

Aaron Mook and Swae Lee like this.
  7. Sorry for the wait, life is very weird right now but this album is unsettling at times and very good. I listened to this immediately after watching Blade Runner 2049 so the imagery running through my head was pretty wild. My immediate favorites are "The Lonesome Empty Midwest," "From Beneath You, It Devours" and "You're No Contender"

teebs41 and primavera like this.
  8. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

primavera likes this.
  9. Colin Your Enthusiasm

It's nobody's battle but your own. Prestigious

Ah ok cool thx

teebs41 likes this.
  10. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

@primavera have you seen Annihilation? Something about “Through the Gates Of Hell” reminds me of the lighthouse scene SO much

primavera and teebs41 like this.
  11. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I still gotta hear this

12. primavera

i have and i love it! though the album was finished before it came out, i’ve been mentioning it in the stuff i’ve been sending out for reviews and stuff as a riyl.

yeah, i hear it most in that one and from beneath you it devours, which were written the same day as a pair

teebs41 and Kennedy like this.
  13. primavera

teebs41 and Zac Djamoos like this.
  14. Kennedy

The audio stuff in that scene was one of my favorite parts of that entire movie so I’m loving that track

15. primavera

absolutely, thanks so much!

Kennedy likes this.
  16. Kennedy

I really dig The Lonesome Empty Midwest (and love the MM reference lol)

17. primavera

lots of references to various things in the titles, that one and fear and loathing/tdag are probably most obvious

teebs41 and Kennedy like this.
  18. primavera

I made a playlist with the songs that inspired the making of Visions from the Dark. Hope you enjoy.

Petit nain des Îles and teebs41 like this.
  19. OotyPa

fall away

Real good shit on this-- gonna post it in the ambient thread.

20. primavera

got asked to throw something together for a regional electronic/ambient compilation and "lonesome empty midwest" has gotten placed on some playlists, and yet no one has reviewed this lol

teebs41 likes this.
  21. primavera

Album has been out for a month as of today. thanks to everyone here who has checked it out love y’all

Aaron Mook likes this.
  22. primavera

listening to this for the first time in a few months. it’s way too long and some of the ideas are a bit half-baked but there are four or five songs here that i wouldn’t touch even now that i think stand up pretty well.

23. I loved it, The Lonesome Empty Midwest was the one that stood out on my first listens if I recall correctly. I think that with fall's weather slowly coming around, I'm going to be in the perfect mood to go back to this.

I have to admit I shared it on reddit once. I have no idea if someone checked it out, as it might have been on a very crowded subreddit, but I just wanted to let you know in case you were not okay with it. Thankfully, I realized that site was trash afterwards.

primavera likes this.
  24. primavera

yeah, that track is definitely my favorite here. i feel like i should have made this whole thing more in that style instead of it being a bit of a one-off haha. alas.

and yeah, that's totally fine haha thanks

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  25. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

lol i released this over a year ago, jesus. time flies.

i should have shitcanned about 1/4 of the album but i stand by some of these songs. working on a follow-up with just synth-y guitars.