Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Xenoblade Chronicles series Video Game • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oncenowagain, May 30, 2020.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Chapter 13 is wild. I think I’m stopping there to do the sidequests/collectibles I missed before I continue the main story.

I also rushed through Sword Valley so I wanted to explore that 1 more.

2. zigbigwig

also I just need to bring this up but the combo with Spear Break to Starlight Kick is hilarious

out of all the characters Monolith really just gave the dropkick animation to Melia aka the mage

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Holy shit dudes Melia fucking destroys

zigbigwig likes this.
  4. zigbigwig

i think im somewhat close to finishing it but i did hit a wall.

idk how i thought i was questing a lot tbh. it’s fun though. been a while since a game actually stopped me because of difficulty

i keep getting overwhelmed with enemies and dying to that

5. Morrissey

Trusted

Near the end the enemies caught up to my level, even though I had done every available sidequest. I left the game on easy in the final stretch because it eliminated a lot of the grinding that would have been necessary to do the final sidequests and new areas that open up.

zigbigwig likes this.
  6. zigbigwig

im trying to avoid spoilers as much as I can but is there a point where i can’t go back to some areas?

so im at Chapter 15 on the Egil inside the Mechonis fight, but I do have a save file on Ch14 right before everything goes to shit. should i finish the Mechon-map sidequests now or does it become accessible again after i finish the game? (something like a postgame or a new game+ idk)

7. zigbigwig

i also don’t mind the grinding since i’m really having fun building my characters. but im torn because i really want to see how it ends haha

8. Morrissey

Trusted

The short answer is yes. Other places get filled with extremely high level monsters and you lose out on a lot of sidequests.

You should go back to the old save.

9. zigbigwig

Thanks! This helps. I’ll probably finish it end of the week then.

10. zigbigwig

so i finished the main game, the last 2 bosses were tough but after 2 or 3 retries i got there.

yeah idk XC1 is just so epic. i found myself consistently surprised at how much they were able to pack in there. the battle wasn’t as complicated as 2 but it was still fun though. im ready to dive into NG+ which usually isn’t what you should be doing after playing an 80 hour game.

11. The Lucky Moose

Maybe I'm dumb, but I don't know how to rebuild Colony 6. I got the refugees to move back, which spawned some side quests. I did those, but it didn't change anything, and now there are no more side quests there?

12. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Talk to the guy in front of the big building. I forget his name lol

13. zigbigwig

juju

Colony 6 is a pain in the butt. so you upgrade it by giving materials to juju but you ALSO have to find the NPCs you want to invite in the different towns.

i didn’t bother aside from the r&d upgrade where you can Gem Craft anywhere so by the endgame my Colony 6 looked so primitive lol

14. The Lucky Moose

The old guy or Juju? Because they old guy is what led me to this point

15. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

Juju

16. Morrissey

Trusted

Juju shows up on the sidequest page too, although you have to physically go to him to complete each step.

17. Morrissey

Trusted

A Switch port of Xenoblade Chronicles X is probably my most desired game at this point. I would love an easy mode for that game; so much of the game was out of reach for me because I never learned all the more advanced mechanics. I can't even get the last party member because I get killed so easily by the enemies.

18. The Lucky Moose

That game was the most convoluted one out of the three and also way too grindy but damn did running around that world feel good

19. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

this game owns

I'm only on chapter 6 but I did so many sidequests that I ended up overleveled, so I turned on expert mode to adjust

do people usually try to be at the same level as random enemies on the overworld? or a few above?

zigbigwig likes this.
  20. zigbigwig

same level is what i did. i turned on expert mode at the start, but by the end of the game even if you finish all the quests you’d still end up slightly the same level as the endgame bosses.

Aregala likes this.
  21. Morrissey

Trusted

I did every sidequest as soon as I could, but the enemies still caught up near the end. You will also need to a lot of grinding when the game really opens up before the final dungeon.

Aregala likes this.
  22. Aregala

Blistering Guitar Lead

dope, thx peeps

zigbigwig likes this.
  23. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Reviving this thread to talk about XC3. I’m about three hours in and loving it

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yes! I forgot there is a thread!!!

I pumped a lot of hours over the weekend and am somewhere in Chapter 3 right now.

blown away by this game

25. The Lucky Moose

I was just introduced to chain attacks and I am profoundly confused