Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Xenoblade Chronicles series Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by oncenowagain, May 30, 2020.

1. Morrissey

Trusted

I made it all the way to the final dungeon and decided to go down to Casual Mode for the load of sidequests that open up at that point. It is such a stunning difference; I beat a Unique Monster that was 24 levels higher than me and had other monsters joining in.

2. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

ok i finally found something to dislike about the game - trying to find NPCs or specific collectibles is a pain esp because it involves time of day.

XCX and XC2 also has this same problem.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. Morrissey

Trusted

This is one of the biggest problems. You can try something like 10 a.m. and 10 p.m., but a few have weird schedules that you might miss.

At least with the other games you knew there was a sidequest. You can miss these ones completely, especially since many are timed.

4. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I think he means if it is actually too small

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah, it's not for me but I've seen people complain about games having text that is too small on undocked mode and it never bothered me, because my vision is IMPECCABLE. Wasn't clear about that whoops

6. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

So yeah it was easily playable on my switch lite for me!

7. Jake W

oh my god, I'm back on my bullshit Prestigious

The text in Witcher 3 made me realise that I needed an eye test lol

8. The Lucky Moose

XCX’s text was unreadable on the WiiU tablet

9. zigbigwig

a control change that looks pretty helpful

10. Jake W

Was looking for an item earlier and it took forever. Was just looking for a different item now and got 3 on a row of the item I was looking for earlier. I hate this game.

11. Morrissey

Trusted

I finished it in 72 hours. All sidequests completed. I did not do all the Heart to Hearts and did not get all of the art books.

The changes are all great. It took a great game and made it better. While I enjoyed the Final Fantasy VII remake, I would love to see a lot of the great JRPG's get these sort of modern changes that keep the core gameplay but eliminate the annoyances that would turn off modern players.

The two annoyances that remain:

Colony 6 rebuilding should have had tracking for items the same way the regular sidequests do. Some of the items needed for the rebuilding are among the most notoriously hard to get in the game.

Skill tree development only occurring among recruited party members. The seventh party member is acquired so late in the game that you will almost never get their skill tree finished, while you will likely finish Reyn and Shulk and get really far with the other four members. AP and experience points are level across the board, so it should be the same way.

zigbigwig likes this.
  12. The Lucky Moose

I have tried the first person in all XC games and the problem with it for me always was that the perspective makes it seem like your character has the hight of a young child.

HOWEVER, this video just showed me that you can adjust the hight. Also it appears that the developers actually considered this quasi-first person mode when designing the game, given how the combat looks while in it.

zigbigwig likes this.
  13. Jake W

I didn't know it even had first person lol. No way I'm even trying it, I much prefer 3rd person 95% of the time.

Joe4th and The Lucky Moose like this.
  14. The Lucky Moose

Watch the video and then try it. It’s interesting to see.

15. Jake W

I watched a bit of the video, it game me a headache lol

16. The Lucky Moose

Lol yeah it does feel a little odd playing it like that as well. I turned it off too. Though that was before I knew about the hight setting.

Jake W likes this.
  17. zigbigwig

i tried the 1st person view. it’s pretty fun in short bursts. it was unfortunate that the time i did that my quest was to fight flying creatures so combat looked off.

also im just finishing side quests and Eryth Sea is massive. the only reason i posted here is because im currently swimming to the far end of the map because there’s an island there and no waypoint

18. The Lucky Moose

Jake W likes this.
  19. The Lucky Moose

I need help people. So, if you change your equipment under 'Equipment', it changes how you look. Unless of course you have something equipped under 'Appearance', in which case changing equipment won't change your appearance. However, I can't seem to figure out how to unequipped anything in the 'Appearance' slots. Because of this I can't see what equipment I equip looks like anymore. The only thing I can change the appearance is by switching from one 'Appearance' option to another, but that's not the same as clearing the slots and just equipping equipment and let that dictate the look. What am I missing?

EDIT: Figured it out. Pres + and the clear appearance. I hate these menus.

zigbigwig and Jake W like this.
  20. zigbigwig

got a bit of tired of Dunban so I’m maining Melia now. her damage output is pretty good honestly

so i go

Bolt > Summon Copy > Earth > Spear > Starlight Kick (force topple) > Release Earth

and then i just hold the 2 bolts (to increase ether) and just release the 3rd summon when it becomes available.

so i am using 5 slots atm. rotating the other 3 to see what fits this setup

21. zigbigwig

i dont know what to do with Riki. i tried to understand the moveset but i honestly dont get it haha

22. Jake W

I refuse to use Riki on my team because I know that voice will be insufferable lol

Joe4th likes this.
  23. Jake W

Even if some of the voices do annoy me, this game does have one of the highest quality English dubs that I've ever heard

24. Jake W

I think chapter 17 just doesn't have auto-save/ you can't save which is stupid

25. Morrissey

Trusted

Future Connected was just more of the same. The story is supposed to add closure to Melia's arc, but if you played the original game and did the sidequests you would have known about the High Entia already.