Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Video Game • Page 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Fixed Glitch, Dec 1, 2017.

1. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Finished this today (just the story, not 100%), quite a milestone for me as it’s the longest game I’ve ever got through (I put about 60hrs in). What a wonderful game.

zigbigwig likes this.
  2. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

They are very late in the game because you can max out 4 star common blades and then release them in exchange for an overdrive protocol. That's the ONLY way to get more though, can't farm or buy them.

3. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I think the update on March fixes this?

Also I haven't continued this past Chapter 4 (mostly due to RL I can't commit to an RPG yet). I don't remember but does this game have a hard mode? I might redo it because it was too easy for me so far.

4. The Lucky Moose

No but they're adding an easy mode lmao. They said that you shouldn't level up at inns if you want it to be harder

zigbigwig likes this.
  5. The Lucky Moose

I don't know. That would be weird though because they'd have to redo the whole heart to heart and so on.

6. zigbigwig

I haven't been to an inn in ages haha. I even forgot that was a thing. I don't want to do NG+ if that's where the hard mode is, but looks like I'll just continue this save file.

7. The Lucky Moose

I might do it, just because I'm addicted, haha. Personally I like the difficulty but I'm not great at JRPGs unless it's Pokemon.

zigbigwig likes this.
  8. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

I think I screwed up the leveling in my game because I just leveled up whenever the option was available and now I feel underpowered and stuck on a boss fight.

9. The Lucky Moose

You can't screw up levelling really, if you forget to get those extra levels in an Inn, the levels available there will just keep stacking forever until you decide to get them. You can always fast travel yourself out of a situation to go level up or grind experience, even if its makes no sense in terms of the story, haha. I often get stuck at bosses, so I do side quests, fight enemies and discover locations until I can level up a couple of levels (usually at an Inn).

10. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

How in the world did you beat this in 60 hours? Did you skip cut scenes? I haven't put too much effort into side quests or working on affinity trees and I'm at roughly 95 hours approaching the final boss, ha.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  11. The Lucky Moose

I'm definitely past 100 hours and I have like 1 or 2 chapters left

Snewt likes this.
  12. The Lucky Moose

I wonder if there's post-game story content

13. Snewt

I haven't even looked to see what the DLC stuff is supposed to be, but I'd assume something story related would be included there at some point. There's definitely a few blades I have that I'd like to max out their affinity trees for, which I imagine will take a good bit of time.

14. The Lucky Moose

There's new quests all the time but I'm not sure if they talked about actual main story DLC

15. Snewt

That would be such a bummer. I don't have much interest in *more* quests.

16. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

Wow, I’m 75 hours in and I don’t think I’ve completed much sidequest wise. That’s crazy.

I’m not even halfway through the game I think

17. The Lucky Moose

I don't really need more side quests and 30€ is a lot..... but the season pass also gives you 3 overdrive protocols o_O

Snewt likes this.
  18. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

I don’t know how I did it other than basically no side quests and little exploration beyond just moving between each objective, I think I skipped maybe 2-3 scenes when I was anxious to get to a boss fight or something and it was dragging (fortunately it didn’t affect how moving the ending was). I was probably a bit under leveled at the end and my affinity trees were shit but it still wasn’t too difficult. Also I found the in-game timer was way off as it keeps running if you’re in sleep mode so I’m going off the Switch’s own playtime estimate which rounds down. I plan to go back and slowly work through some of the exploration stuff I missed and take a bit more in, I just loved the combat so much I was anxious to keep moving through it. Putting 100 hours into something is probably my next gaming ‘milestone’ (besides 100% completion), I still can’t imagine myself getting there but if you’d told me 6 months ago that I’d put 60hrs into a game I probably wouldn’t have believed that possible either.

Snewt and The Lucky Moose like this.
  19. The Lucky Moose

The combat is soooo satisfying, I love grinding in this game which is crazy

zigbigwig and Snewt like this.
  20. The Lucky Moose

You're totally right my in-game timer says 120 hours but the Switch says over 60 hours

21. Snewt

Whoa that's a super weird bug, haha. Mine shows 75 hours from my profile.

I didn't know Tora had a third blade until I saw it somewhere online a couple weeks ago. Definitely would have been nice to have the past few chapters since I prefer using him over Morag (she seems to go down much quicker even with three rare blade tanks). I'm super sick of playing Tiger Tiger though X-(

22. The Lucky Moose

It's weird how hidden that third blade is. Even with two he's a good tank though.

Snewt likes this.
  23. Fixed Glitch

I read that you can’t activate this until chapter 8. Is that right?

24. zigbigwig

Back to playing this. I keep getting sidetracked... this world is huge

25. Fixed Glitch

I haven’t gotten a rare blade in ages. When do you start getting legendary cores? Are those guaranteed rates?