Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Video Game • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Fixed Glitch, Dec 1, 2017.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I forget stuff. A menu where you can look at old tutorials would be nice.

Fixed Glitch likes this.
  2. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I don’t learn well from tutorials unless they make you do it.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  3. The Lucky Moose

The chain combo or whatever, the one you trigger with + once the three little bars are full - does anyone know what determines how long they go on? Sometimes it's one round, sometimes two, can't figure out why.

4. Fixed Glitch

See I don’t know if I’ve done this. What three bars?

5. tucah

not champ Prestigious

the orbs that pop up (for the multiple rounds) are triggered by successfully doing a full elemental combo (whatever it's actually called). the element of the level 3 of that combo will add an orb to the chain combo thing, and if you "break" the orb by using the right elements during the chain combo, you get another round. so basically do elemental combos ending in different elements as many times as possible before triggering the chain combo.

6. The Lucky Moose

Are the orbs on the screen somewhere while in the chain attack?

7. The Lucky Moose

In the top left corner there are three little white bars. They full up during a battle. Once they are full, hit + and go from there.

8. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Below the enemy name

There is also animation to know if you’re breaking them

9. The Lucky Moose

... so much stuff to keep track of lmao

I like XCX's combat more I think, but the combat in this game feels great too

10. zigbigwig

I prefer this one. Just flows better for me. Or maybe I just understand this one more haha.

11. The Lucky Moose

...... Rex keeps getting lame rare blades and Nia keeps getting awesome ones...

12. Fixed Glitch

Wait, I thought those were tracking experience???

The battle system in the original Xenoblade is perfect. I think it’s the best I’ve ever seen in an action RPG.

13. zigbigwig

What do you mean?

The bar below the party member’s health is the experience.

14. Fixed Glitch

I get it. It’s the three white bars. I thought those were just for reviving?

15. The Lucky Moose

Only the attacks bound to the A button count towards the elemental combo tree right?

16. zigbigwig

Oh that one. Yeah, like Moose said aside from reviving you can trigger a chain attack when that is full (3 bars). And by doing complete combos (doing elemental attacks I, II, III correctly) you get orbs which you can then break during that chain attack. I’m not sure whether doing the same elemental combo over and over stacks orbs, but I think it doesn’t. Been over two weeks since I last played.

I think that’s the only way you could really get to those ridiculously high damages.

17. zigbigwig

Yup.

Also fyi thread there’s a passive ability that lets you string an Art with another Art without interrupting the timed bonus.

Without it you can only do:
    normal attack > correctly timed Art 1 > normal attack > correctly timed Art 2

But with it you can do:
    Normal attack > correctly timed Art 1 > correcrly timed Art 2 > correctly timed Art 3

And even better after that last Art you can either correctly time an elemental attack or a blade switch and then do the arts for that blade. The latter is useful for racking up elemental level quickly.

18. zigbigwig

And last one, when setting up the elemental combo tree, if you do an elemental attack NOT on the current elemental tree it will not replace the tree and you can still continue the progression for as long as you can follow up with a correct element before the timer runs out.

After I finish Darker Side in Odyssey I am definitely getting back to this game.

19. The Lucky Moose

[​IMG]

I hate JRPGs man. I love them, but I hate them.

Matt and zigbigwig like this.
  20. zigbigwig

Haha you probably already know those but I’m confusing everyone by not using the right terms.

Edit: i will edit my posts as soon as I rememeber the correct terms

21. The Lucky Moose

I'm very confused still haha. At least I can always brute-force it by grinding.

22. Fixed Glitch

That’s what I’ve been doing lol

23. Fixed Glitch

The blades are a great way to keep you interested in the game. Especially with the need for their abilities to uncover things In the world. I need more rare cores.

24. tucah

not champ Prestigious

i honestly didn't fully understand what i was doing with the battle system until maybe 75% of the way through the game

25. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

any tips for someone who is only on chapter one and not knowing what they are doing in battle? I just let it auto attack and then hit one of the cool attack buttons when available