Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Video Game • Page 4

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Fixed Glitch, Dec 1, 2017.

1. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

They don't guarantee anything, I only got rare blades from common crystals so far

2. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

Did you use boosters? Ive used at least 7 common ones and have gotten no rares. I did get one rare blade from a rare core though.

3. The Lucky Moose

No boosters. I used them before but only got common blades. I think boosters make certain elements more likely.

4. Fixed Glitch

So it’s all just luck then?

5. The Lucky Moose

Well you're more likely to get a rare blade with a rare crystal, but at the end it's still a bunch of dice rolls

6. The Lucky Moose

Fixed Glitch likes this.
  7. Fixed Glitch

Thanks! I still haven’t gotten a rare from a common, but I did just get Electra who is apparently highly sought out.

Are you able to equip three blades at one point?

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  8. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Yes, but one has to be Pyra.

9. The Lucky Moose

I don't know if this changes at some potbut right now Pyra is much more powerful than my other blades anyway, with the same core chips

10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Nope, she was my best blade the entire game and I ended up with all but one rare blade by the end and fooled around with a lot of them. I pretty much only switched blades when I needed a different status or element for a combo.

11. The Lucky Moose

I can't get combos to work because me A.I. companions never play along lmao. I'm also not sure I understand them haha

I switch to another rare blade I have (this plant girl) occasionally because she is more ranged, but that's about it

12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

For the uh, status combo (I don't remember the official names of either one), I need to pretty much do it by myself, the AI never inflict the statuses quickly enough. Nia will almost always inflict Break pretty frequently, Dromach has it, so I Topple with Pyra, then make sure my other two blades have Launch -> Smash to finish off the combo (and it does a TON of damage so it's definitely worth finishing out as often as possible).

For the elemental special one, the companions are usually pretty good about getting the Blades with the right elements out -you need to follow the tree, where the first, level 1 special starts the combo, then you need a level 2 of one of the two elements next in the chart, then a level 3 of one of the two following from the element of the level 2 used to finish it out. If you start a combo and a party member has a special of the right level/element you have to manually trigger it with ZR/ZL, they won't use it themselves.

13. The Lucky Moose

The elemantal combo trees make my heads spin lmao

But thanks!

14. Fixed Glitch

The battle system is too complicated. I still have no idea what I’m doing half the time. But it’s fun to be able to figure things out as you go in a way.

The whole blades thing is great though.

I think the salvaging could have been much better. Are there rare spots you can find?

15. The Lucky Moose

Salvaging and quests that rely on it suuuuuuck

16. Fixed Glitch

Finally got a rare from a common, used 3 justice boosters. It’s funny because two rares in a row gave me crappy ones.

Game is getting pretty fun. It’s actually challenging too. You can’t just run around the battles like most RPGs.

17. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

Finally picked this up last week and I'm really enjoying it so far. Just finished chapter two. The combat is not nearly as complex as I thought it would be (at least not yet). Only thing I have yet to fully master is the combos you can do by using certain types of specials at the right time.

The only gripe I have with it is just how much worse it looks when playing handheld. I'm hesitant to play it handheld since it really does look incredible otherwise, it just cuts into some of the time I could have been playing (I typically play 95% of the time undocked). Also, that giant bird in the first big area can go away, ha.

18. Fixed Glitch

I play mostly on gah handheld because trying to play on the TV before 10 PM will last me about 5 minutes in my house haha

It still looks pretty good I think.

I also have no idea how to do the combos.

19. The Lucky Moose

I kind of understand the elemental combos now but it seems to me that you just have to get kind of lucky because chances are nobody has the right blade equipped.

A thing I love about this game is that I occasionally have to grind and it ends up taking hours yet it doesn't feel like work.

I do think it looks kind of bad even docked and I don't understand why, given how Zelda looks (modified version of the same engine) and even how XCX looked on WiiU. The art direction is great though.

20. Snewt

haha yep, same here. I don't think it looks terrible undocked, it's just the first game where I've noticed a huge difference between the two options.

Agreed on all fronts.

21. The Lucky Moose

I play a lot on handheld too, docked doesn't look amazing either and handheld is just so convenient

22. Fixed Glitch

It is. The battery is so bad though.

23. The Lucky Moose

I don't have a problem with it with other games but this one drains it hard. The game is probably very unoptimized, that explains a lot.

24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I think it looks great docked and undocked but I have low technical standards. Also I don't understand why so many people were getting confused by the combat system unless they were just skipping the tutorials.

25. Snewt

I think it's just from the initial reaction of seeing gameplay. It looked complex at hell, but the game does a solid job slowly introducing new components that it never feels overwhelming.