Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Video Game • Page 3

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Fixed Glitch, Dec 1, 2017.

1. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Some good stuff in there but just need that map update.

3. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

Getting this and Zelda on Christmas, I'm going to be glued to my Switch forever. Still have to try and 100% Mario as well.

zigbigwig and SpyKi like this.
  4. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I'm getting frustrated with the side quest markers. There are times when I can't find the person at all even though the map shows that I'm right there. Often times there's an up arrow but there is no higher level. Is it the time of day?

5. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Often yes, but it doesn't make it clear in the quest description

6. Fixed Glitch

The game is nowhere near as crisp as the original. I’m still really enjoying it, but part of the reason why the original is one of the best ever made is due to its refinement.

7. tucah

not champ Prestigious

Right now I like it way more than XCX but not as much as the original, though the story is starting to pick up a ton where I am and I still like the game a whole lot. It definitely feels like it needed a bit more polish/UI work.

8. zigbigwig

Looks like the update will fix at least some of those.

Hopefully we get more updates. I feel like we’re getting a follow ball soon

9. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

Told myself I wouldn't grab this for quite some time, but nothing quite tempts me like a lovely special edition and I just sold a bunch of hobby-related stuff so I need something to make me feel better about that. Grabbing this today, stoked to get started, really does seem like the kind of game that will glue me to my Switch.

zigbigwig likes this.
  10. zigbigwig

Easy mode on Tiger Tiger better have fewer rewards.

I’m just bitter because it’s one of the few games I’m really reallt good at lol.

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Dunkey got me thinking this game is very much not for me.

12. nomemorial

Just drove 30 minutes back and forth on my lunch break to pick up the last Collector's Edition at a nearby Best Buy. I just can't help myself with collectible goodies and I missed out on XCX, so I would have punched myself if I missed it on this one, too. Ready to dive in.

13. Matt

Living with the land Supporter

This review led me to his review of Nier: Automata and....should I buy it?

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Nier has a brilliant story and I'd recommend it to everyone.

Matt and tucah like this.
  15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

If you like good games or good stories or you enjoy having fun or being entertained or you appreciate any kind of art then yeah.

Matt likes this.
  16. Fixed Glitch

I was right in the middle of Nier when Destiny 2 came out. I'd really like to finish it.

17. Fixed Glitch

I couldn't believe that they had 3 special editions at Target when I was there the other day.

Like I said earlier, It's worth every penny.

nomemorial likes this.
  18. nomemorial

I'm pretty blown away by the construction of the artbook! I got the artbook with XC1 and this makes that one look stupid cheap.

Started the game last night and it definitely seems right up my alley. I'm only like an hour in right now, but first impressions actually remind me more of Grandia/Tales series, at least in terms of atmosphere/presentation, than they do the other XC titles, which I'm pretty ok with.

19. Fixed Glitch

It is the best art book I’ve seen in quite some time.

I am starting to get more of a Xeno vibe now that I’m exploring more.

I’m still not really grasping the whole blades thing yet.

zigbigwig likes this.
  20. Fixed Glitch

What is the gauge with the dashes under each character?

I went through the tutorials and didn’t see it.

21. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has a slow start but is an amazing JRPG, provided you enjoy MMO-like combat

tucah likes this.
  22. tucah

not champ Prestigious

XP bar

zigbigwig and The Lucky Moose like this.
  23. chris

Trusted Supporter

I picked this up finally after thinking I was gonna pass on it cause I don't really play MMOs and I wasn't feeling the look of the combat. But also I was itching for a big JRPG on the Switch and this is definitely that.

Just finished what I guess is the prologue(?) really digging it thus far just haven't gotten much time to play. Flying home this weekend for the holidays so I'm hoping to log some hours traveling

zigbigwig likes this.
  24. zigbigwig

I hope they start selling the artbook separately.

25. Fixed Glitch

I just activated a rare core crystal and got a common 1 crown blade? What happened???