Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Fixed Glitch, Dec 1, 2017.

1. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

Game is sure to be incredible. Just played the first 30 minutes and I’m loving it.

Special edition is worth every penny. One of the nicest art books I’ve seen.

2. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I'm on Chapter 3 and having a very good time. Fantastic music, interesting story so far (already much more invested than I ever was in X's plot), characters are good even if VO is hit or miss. Though nothing really new for the series, main complaint is that most of the subquests I've found so far are still on the level of MMO filler, searching out random drops from collection points/salvage points which get pretty frustrating. I know I don't have to do them but the completionist in me wants to, for now. Still pretty much what I could have wanted from a sequel to Xenoblade.

SpyKi and Fixed Glitch like this.
  3. StormAndTheSun

insects come to life Supporter

Just got an unexpected week off work so I picked this up despite being not super sold on it. Hope I like it.

4. Fixed Glitch

It’s fun, I’m liking it. I agree that the same ol same ol side quest thing is kinda lame but still... it’s not that bad. The combat seems fun, I like the characters and story setting so far.

5. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

How “involved” is this? Last rpg I played was FF X lol not sure I’m ready

6. Fixed Glitch

I’d say that it’s pretty involved. But it’s worth it.

7. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I will be this thread’s Tiger Tiger master. I’ve aced both stages so far. Poppi is awesome. I unlocked all her upgrades except 1 (the 2nd RAM one).

I’m at Chapter 3. Not very flexible with my elemental combos yet. Hope to grab some lightning at least. Or a wind.

SpyKi likes this.
  8. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

Steep learning curve or nah?

9. StormAndTheSun

Whats everyones opinions on Inn levelling? Ive done it every time Im able but now feel pretty overlevelled.

10. tucah

not champ Prestigious

It's a fantastic system, especially since you don't have to go all or nothing. I've been doing a level or two if I feel under leveled but haven't fully cashed in all my XP at any point yet because things don't feel too difficult.

SpyKi likes this.
  11. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I still haven't started this. I'm so behind on a bunch of games, I've been trying to finish Mario Odyssey still. Ugh being an adult gamer sucks.

12. tucah

not champ Prestigious

instead you can spend two hours getting destroyed in destiny

VanMastaIteHab and Anthony_ like this.
  13. Anthony_

As long as I'm with my chums, that's A-OK with me.

VanMastaIteHab and tucah like this.
  14. tucah

not champ Prestigious

true we're p sick

VanMastaIteHab and Anthony_ like this.
  15. Anthony_

VanMastaIteHab and tucah like this.
  16. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

I want to play this game.

I'm focusing on Yakuza 0 while I wait but I can't play that on handheld mode while my girlfriend sleeps. :(

17. Fixed Glitch

Not really, I’m not too far in yet though. It seems a little too easy right now.

18. Fixed Glitch

I like it because you have to manage everything a little more. Plus it makes you go to towns etc.

But I feel overpowered already

19. zigbigwig

Steep, but goddamn is it so rewarding.

The reason I can forgive so many of the Xeno's series flaws (generic fetch quests, etc) is because the combat system is just incredible. Whenever I find something to complain about, I go out in the world and fight some unique bosses and then I fall in love with the game again.

Yesterday I was fighting some random bird the same level as my party that had insane HP. I only realized after beating it that it was actually a boss that I could've completely ignored if I wanted too. I legit thought that I was running into a wall in the game.

My Poppi is at 45% block rate now, and with HP return shenanigans. I feel like I'm cheating the game because Tora does not die at all.

20. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I actually don't think the learning curve is that bad, the game is fairly easy if you don't go for the higher level/optional enemies and they don't throw a ton at you at once, they feed mechanics to you at a good rate so that you should be comfortable with each new one by the time the next thing is introduced. The amount of stats/types of buffs might be a bit overwhelming but outside of that I think it's pretty easy to get into it.

zigbigwig likes this.
  21. zigbigwig

The optional boss fights are providing me the early game challenge I need. But the story so far has been pretty chill.

Random question, but do you know if it's possible to re-read the previous tutorials in-game? I wanted to review some stuff on the Break -> Topple -> ... combo because I accidentally pressed A while reading it lol. I know there is an informant on the town that you can buy tutorials from but I'm not sure if there's anything else I should be aware of.

22. StormAndTheSun

I like the system too, I more meant what do you think about using it/ do you think it makes the game too easy?

Played the game a loooot today and feel like Im getting pretty far, although I havent left Gormott yet. Really want to buy some more shops but I dont know how to raise dev level.

23. zigbigwig

When I left Gormott after finishing all the side quests available, I only went up to 2 stars. I think the rest unlocks as you progress through the game.

24. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

One of the main complaints I've seen online is that you can't view any tutorials again.

mescalineeyes and zigbigwig like this.
  25. tucah

not champ Prestigious

You can't (and it's sorta frustrating) but here's a compilation of the tutorial screens (spoilers as you get further down/to mechanics you haven't seen obviously)

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Tutorial Screenshot Compilation

mescalineeyes and zigbigwig like this.