Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Xbox Vs Playstation4 • Page 2

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Dan Hulse, May 13, 2016.

1. jellyfishfossil

Regular

I prefer PS4 but I enjoy the xbone controller more.

The Last Guardian, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, can Xbone even compete with their exclusives?

2. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Sunset Overdrive, Gears 4, Forza 6, Forza Horizon 3, Quantum Break. Ori and the Blind Forest, Inside(well, at first), Halo, dead rising 4, scalebound, crackdown 3.....

I say yes. It is subjective of course, but I think the objective quality is there as well. If you have the space and cash to get both consoles, do it. I however just currently have the X1. I'll get a PS4 one day but personally the value is not there for me yet.(uncharted 4 was pretty great though. Borrowed the game and a PS4 to play it).

3. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

I think when it comes to exclusives, the PS4 only "wins" if you happen to be a JRPG fan. Otherwise, it has really been the system of "check out our cool, pandering exclusives coming out in 6 years and also Uncharted guys". I'm not saying this as an Xbox fan, I couldn't care less about console wars.

4. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I can see where you're coming from there. A lot of Sony fans end up name dropping a series that really hasn't done anything in recent years, or a series like Killzone that hasn't been good in a number of years. I think there's a lot to be excited about as a PS4 owner, as the poster above mentioned - Horizon / Last Guardian are two pretty big games they've been teasing for a while now. The PS4 has done much better with exclusives so far than the PS3 did, IMO.

The Lucky Moose likes this.
  5. The Lucky Moose Sep 19, 2016
    (Last edited: Sep 19, 2016)
    The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

The Last Guardian is getting pretty mediocre previews right now. That would add it to the list of big yet mediocre PS4 exclusives. I think the PS3 was doing better in that regard.

6. jellyfishfossil

Regular

I've read mediocre reviews from people outside of the Ico circle (those who didn't enjoy or didn't play Ico or Shadow of the Colossis) because this game apparently has a lot of the same functions.

I would like to read reviews from people who liked Ico and Shadow of the Colossus.

7. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

PS4

Been a Sony fan boy since the PS. I don't hate Xbox, but I've never owned one.

Definitely prefer the exclusives and games that are showcased on Sony..

8. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

I've been an Xbox fan for awhile now but I still have my ps3. I play mostly sports games so Ea Access is one of the greatest things I've ever purchased. My only problem is that I still love those NCAA games and they stopped making those games. I have both the last football and basketball games for PS3 and it's the reason why I haven't sold it yet. Forgot to mention that MLB games are exclusive to Playstation so that doesn't help me one bit. I think I'll get the newer PS console next year but it's hard to justify using it for 1 game.

9. drewinseries

Drew

Arguing about power and tech specs is useless for xbox and ps4, since PC will always have the capability to be better.

That said, to bring this old thread back from the dead, I think ps4 offers better content while xbox usually has better social elements.

Though PC still has the best content and the best social elements.

10. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

So I own an Xbox One. I was planning on saving some money to buy the One X when it drops.

Now it seems the only real draw is that it can play in 4k (I do own a 4k tv), but $500 is a bit steap.

Thinking of buying the PS4 Pro instead so I can have both systems.

Do you guys think thats the better option?

11. jorbjorb

7 rings

What's the main difference between an xbox one and xbox one x? isn't the xbox one x smaller and that's it?

12. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I have both and love both. I prefer my PS4 though. If you already have an XB1 - no need to upgrade to the X in my opinion. Better off going with the PS4 and playing Horizon

god i love that game

Shakriel and jorbjorb like this.
  13. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Thats what I was thinking too. Since I have the One, the X just seems like a better version of it. I know I'm missing out on a ton of great exclusives on the PS. My friend said Horizon might be one of his fave games ever, and that dudes played a TON of games.

14. drewinseries

Drew

I feel like most people don't have the TV or monitors that could actually make a Pro/X worth it. Save your money and get a PC.

15. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

Yea I don't play as many games as I'd like. I find that the older I get the harder it is to keep my attention. But Horizon was fabulous. I loved it

Regarding the X - it's obviously going to be a beautiful display but the games are the same. No need to spend an additional $500 to make games look a little better. Like the current display on my 4k TV still looks unreal to me lol. I don't think you're getting enough upgrades in the X to justify the money. Games are going to play just as well on the One and they'll be just as fun. Just won't look as good (and yet, still will look fantastic)

Also - if you're buddy has any other suggestions for games let me know! I've been getting way more into playing games lately after Horizon but I can't find anything to hold my attention. I tried both The Witcher and Skyrim. The Witcher feels aggravatingly clunky to me. like the movement all feel very unnatural and annoying. Having a hard time enjoying that so far

Skyrim is a bit better and I just started sinking my teeth into that one but if anyone has any suggestions - I would love to hear them

16. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

I have a 4k tv, so I'm probably sticking with a console.

drewinseries likes this.
  17. drewinseries

Drew

My bias is PS4 Pro over One X, but dats just me.

18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I own both PS4 and xbox one. I play my PC most of all lol. PS4 a far second place.

I think going forward PC / PS4 is the best combo, ever.

PS4 exclusives, Xbox exclusives, and third parties.

drewinseries and SEANoftheDEAD like this.
  19. drewinseries

Drew

That is the truth. Most of the Xbox exclusives I get on PC, and I have a PS4 for everything else. Also, if I'm having a bad Overwatch PC day, I just play it on PS4 and become an actual living God, so it works.