Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Xbox Vs Playstation4

Discussion in 'Technology Forum' started by Dan Hulse, May 13, 2016.

1. Dan Hulse

Game master

Hi. Let me know what you people love about Xbox or play station 4

Tell me what you think is better and why B-)

2. Brenden

Trusted Prestigious

I think PS4 is better than Xbox. But I'm not sure how the PS4 compares to the Xbox One.B-)

GrantCloud and jorbjorb like this.
  3. jorbjorb

7 rings

the one!

4. heartbeatsbrain

Regular

I prefer PS4 primarily because I think they offer broader diversity in their games. Maybe not the AAA titles but the amount of indie games they have completely have me hooked. That and their exclusive titles like Uncharted and Last Guardian (if it happens) appeal to me more.

I will say that the Xbox one seems to be better suited to multi-player FPS games, at least from what my friends tell me, but I'm not a fan of that genre so it doesn't work for me. Also, totally jealous of Sunset Overdrive and Ori and the Blind Forest.

5. Owlex

free snewt Prestigious

i have a ps4. i think it's basically a toss-up but i've had a ps2/ps3 but never an xbox. so I went with what was familiar

6. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I prefer PS4 for me but don't have anything against the Xbox One. PS4 just fits my habits/tastes better.

7. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

oh yay, this conversation.

8. chris

Trusted Supporter

PS4 is more powerful (I guess?), I prefer the exclusives, it was $100 cheaper and I didn't have to be saddled with the Kinect. These are the things that sold me at launch.

In the long run I think it doesn't really matter at all, they're both p much the same.

9. Fucking Dustin

Please click "like" Supporter

I got the PS4 over the Xbox One because my friend got me a PS4 as a gift

If not for that I'd still be playing my PS3 probably

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  10. jump start

Total ginger. Prestigious

I have an Xbox One. I chose it pretty much just because my friends were on Xbox and I wanted people to play games with. It doesn't hurt that the Forza series is one of my favorites and it's exclusive to Xbox.

lightning13 likes this.
  11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

PS4 because the exclusives are far better imo.

12. Dirty Sanchez May 14, 2016
    (Last edited: May 14, 2016)
    Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

Wait for PS4.5 and Xbox1.5 this fall before you buy.

I loved this console:
    [​IMG]

and I loved this console:
    [​IMG]

Until Microsoft abandoned making exclusives for it in 2009 or so, other than Forza/Fable/Gears/Halo. :'(((((((((

13. PureBlueSF

Regular Supporter

I have a PS4 but I have played on an Xbox One. I do really like the One (and I loved the 360), but I've always slightly preferred Sony systems because I grew up with the PS1 and PS2 so the adjustment period for pretty much any new Sony system is non-existent for me.

14. Brandon Allin

Finest Quality Crappy Punk Rock Since '92 Prestigious

I owned a PS4 for at launch and kept it for a year before selling it and making the switch two Xbox One. I think the Xbox controller is leaps and bounds better, and the social aspect on the One is stronger. As far as the games go, almost everything I play is available for both consoles, so that doesn't really play a part for me. I'm just a casual gamer.

15. Toner

A Welshy in London Supporter

I love my Xbox One, but still feel the PS4 would have been a better choice based on the games I've bought / want. I feel I am much more in to indie games than AAA ones these days.

My favourite games on Xbox One have been Rogue Legacy, Unravel and Rocket League.

I'm now sad to have missed out on The Witness, Transistor and Firewatch, which I doubt have any future on the Xbox One.

Although Below and Inside are on the way soon!

16. disambigujason

Trusted Supporter

I'm pretty sure I first got the original Xbox because I thought it was cooler. First game was NFL Fever. Something about the Xbox aesthetic (and halo) just always resonated with me way more; not to mention I like the controller better. I'm a pretty casual gamer so indie&exclusives and tech specs were largely irrelevant to me. I'm also hooked on forza now.

17. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I've always bought Sony consoles, so I went with the PS4. I always liked the PS controller more and the exclusives are better imo (sad with no Sunset Overdrive though)

18. jorbjorb

7 rings

yo xbox one gamertag. add me at jorbjorb

19. SEANoftheDEAD

Trusted

Xbox all day. Bought a PS4, ended up selling it to go back to team Xbox.

S3ANoftheD3AD

Hit me up!

20. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

Here, let me help you out if you want to get one or the other. Get the system that most of your friends have. The end.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
  21. redwing91007

Next Show - Foals April 22nd

This is exactly what I did. It's funny though because most of my friends had 360 while I had a PS3 and now everyone has made the move to Sony. It's not important for everyone to have the same console as their friends but I mostly play sports games and the online component is huge for me.

22. jorbjorb

7 rings

XBOX ONE IS THE BEST EVAR

23. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Yea, I had an Xbox before and just absolutely hated everything about it. I'll never understand the people who think it's heaven on earth.

GrantCloud likes this.
  24. The Lucky Moose

I'm Emotional, I Hug the Block Prestigious

Same, just the other way around.

25. withchappedlips

#nothingiseasy

I had a PS3 long before I had a 360, and built up a really large core group of gaming friends as a result of that. I bought the PS4 because that same core transferred there, and ultimately the one 360 friend I played with often ended up buying a PS4 so I really lucked out.

I don't think the PS4 is all that much better. I liked the cheaper price and that my friends had it. The first year or so was brutal in terms of selection. NHL 15 on a next gen console felt like the most incomplete, awful video game I had ever spent money on. Even the first couple of next gen Call Of Duty games were pretty bad, although that wasn't for the same type of reasons.

Overall, I think the 1.5 systems are awesome because it will undoubtedly sway people to buying these consoles that were on the fence prior, and I think you guys will end up with a lot of really good gaming options, which were limited when I made the jump.