Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

X-Men: Apocalypse (Bryan Singer, May 27, 2016) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Mar 17, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah the first time I saw the trailer I thought "this has too much Jennifer Lawrence for my taste"

devenstonow likes this.
  2. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

I understand it from a business perspective but from a story perspective its weird to see Mystique leading the X-Men.

devenstonow likes this.
  3. YouOnlyLukeOnce

#WRBK4lyfe

Trailer looks more interesting but I feel like this will fall short of Days of Future Past. I still feel like that is one of the best Superhero films out there. I feel like this will be above X-Men 1 and Wolverine but not as good as X2 or First Class. As long as it is better than X3 or Origins I'll be pretty happy

4. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

Really don't like that they revealed that cameo already.

5. matthaber

beautiful and chequered, the end

k seriously... they showed the EXACT same shot of psylocke cutting through the car at the beginning of the trailer and the end. Do they really not have any other action scenes with her to showcase her?

6. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I watched this trailer twice after reading that comment... And I still missed it. Time stamps?

7. matthaber

so i just watched the version posted here and it seems to be 20 seconds shorter than the one on youtube (which is the one i watched and was referring too)

EDIT: ok this is mental. it opens with an edited down 10 second version of the entire trailer, giving you all the money shots. Then go on to show you the whole trailer reusing all those shots again. WHY

8. I'll be okay with this movie if Magneto is the best part of it.

Can we just cancel this movie and get a Magneto stand alone film?

Tim likes this.
  9. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Kind of bummed that it looks like Jubilee isn't a major player in this

ChaseTx and DrAlanGrant like this.
  10. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Unfortunately, I kinda expected as much since day one. I'm just happy to see her at all! Though I'd definitely love to see her have a major role in one of these films. Maybe work her into New Mutants?

Did you know that she appeared in a deleted scene in X2?

11. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

They've been doing this with a lot of trailers lately and it's so damn aggravating!

12. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

I've been noticing it a lot too and it's definitely annoying. Coming up in ten seconds after snippets of the thing you're about to watch is the thing you're about to watch!

13. matthaber

i dont get it...is it because they assume people dont have the attention span to watch a full 3 minutes trailer, so they need to grab your attention in the first 10 seconds with lots of huge exciting shots?

14. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

This dropped yesterday.

Looks alright, I don't know why, but out of all the super hero movies. X-men is probably wearing thin with me the most. The only good casting choices they've made in my opinion are Wolverine, Deadpool, Xavier (old). They need a restart button.

Hopefully this can deliver. Way more stoked for Civil War.

KimmyGibbler likes this.
  15. Tim

I somewhat agree but also love both people they've had as Magneto, with Michael Fassbender probably being my favorite X-Men casting outside of Wolverine. (I also think Liev Schreiber as Sabretooth and Ellen Page as Kitty Pryde are like Henry Cavill as Superman: great casting that their films absolutely wasted.)

16. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

You're right, I do like Michael as a young Magneto. Forgot him, but most of the casting I've always been meh about. I just hope this can live up to my expectations. Especially growing up with the 90's animated series, which they're "pulling from"

That's a tall order.

Tim likes this.
  17. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Nothing beats McKellen

18. Allpwrtoslaves

Trusted

McKellen was a great fucking Magneto. What happened to those rumors that he was the only OG cast member returning for Apocalypse? I remember after DoFP there was a lot of stuff swirling about Patrick Stewart I think mentioning that Ian had been asked to return for Apoc but not him, but it was alright because he was discussing something else with Fox/Singer, which I'm assuming ended up being Wolverine 3.

19. Fassbender beats him. Not overall as an actor, but his Magneto is excellent. The fuming anger he brings to the role fits the character's backstory very well.

Jason Tate and SpyKi like this.
  20. Nyquist

I must now go to the source Supporter

Singer on that Wolverine cameo:

X-Men Apocalypse: Bryan Singer reveals 9 secrets from the trailer

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

idgaf at this point. I'm pretty sick of the character.

22. Greg

The Forgotten Son Supporter

23. MattLikesSsips

Be sure to drink your Ovaltine.

I wonder if/when they recast Wolverine for future Xmen films if the fans will be receptive to another adaption of or actor portraying the character. Like the Joker or even Spider Man.

24. Tim

I just want X-23.

Adrian Villagomez likes this.
  25. billyboatman

Hopelessly Hopeful

I just want omega red...

Adrian Villagomez likes this.