Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

X-Men: Apocalypse (Bryan Singer, May 27, 2016) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Eric Wilson, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Eric Wilson likes this.
  3. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

Lol. Yeah... I tried and changed that right after the post. I just had watched and clipped the Tarzan link, which was also awesome, and didn't realize it until it was too late :seeno:.

Trailer looks pretty awesome though. Was hoping Hugh Jackman would be making a surprise appearance.

4. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

HATE HATE HATE that Storm is a Horseman. Such a misuse of a great and much needed character. Apocalypse and two of his Horsemen being POC when the main X-Men team is (I think) all white is such an abuse of source material that has more built in, easy representation among popular characters than Marvel Studios, DC, or Sony's Spider-Man.

(Not that other studios get a pass. DC gets props for Wonder Woman and Aquaman and even arguably that terrible Catwoman film, and the MCU could have had more representation before Avengers if they had wanted. It being handed to Fox on a silver platter just makes it that much more frustrating to see it squandered.)

Meerkat likes this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't get why Caliban is in the film, but not a horseman.

6. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Yeah definitely don't see the need for Storm as a horseman. Feels very lazy to me

7. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

This movie looks like it's gonna be really bad, but I really hope I'm wrong on that - I've enjoyed three of the five x men movies (hated last stand and first class), so i'll try to be hopeful.

8. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

I love the X-Men so I will watch this but I think DOFP will probably end up better.

9. Tim

If you switch First Class and The Wolverine, they've been improving with every X-Men film from Origins through Deadpool. I expect this to be a combo breaker, though.

X2, over a decade ago, is still easily my favorite.

Jason Tate likes this.
  10. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

I've noticed there's more than one cut of DOFP available. Anyone know which one I should watch?

11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Not sure if this is awesome or not.

[​IMG]

OwainGlyndwr likes this.
  12. This movie looks like it might get kind of messy. I hope apocalypse looks less silly to me as I watch the movie.

airik625 and suburban myth like this.
  13. kidwithhelmet

WELCOME THRILLHO Supporter

Wait, that's Oscar Isaac as Apocalypse? I don't know how I missed that.

14. Tim

Is this still a relevant question? lol. I see that it's a few weeks old. Well, if not, it still might apply to someone else...

The director's cut (or, "The Rogue Cut") is a longer version of the film with additional scenes that aren't necessary and that hurt the pacing, but that aren't bad scenes. The biggest addition is an action sequence where they retrieve Rogue to take Kitty's place when she gets cut by the entranced Wolverine, which was an idea completely removed in the theatrical cut.

I loved Rogue when I was growing up, so I own the Rogue Cut so I can revisit the character, but the better version is the theatrical one, I'd say. If you're buying or renting a physical copy, I think the Rogue Cut also has the theatrical version, so you can go that route and check out the deleted scenes afterwards if you'd like.

ChaseTx likes this.
  15. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Yeah I still haven't seen it, so thanks. X-Men has never been very high priority for me.

16. suburban myth

Rock-n-Roll Pizzeria Prestigious

He looks cringe-worthy in the trailers, and this picture is no different. I'm confident the movie will end up being better than anything shown, so far though!

17. The Pharmacist

Legal Drug Dealer Prestigious

I really hope this doesn't suck, because I thoroughly enjoyed the last two x men movies. I feel like it's been a really good reboot and I'm praying this third movie keeps the same standards.

18. Jakobindeed

My Whole Life is Thunder Prestigious

Man, I'm sure hoping this will be good, hopefully Oscar Isaac can save it and they don't ruin Archangel somehow (though they probably will). I didn't love Future Past, but I really enjoyed First Class so we'll see where this takes us.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Since I'm sure no one saw this coming.

20. Eric Wilson

Trusted Prestigious

New trailer looks awesome. Actually got me more excited for this.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

It looks like it is really well shot, but also looks campy as hell.

22. Tim

Well, this is a movie that is happening. At least it'll be big and loud and bright and whatnot.

Hopefully this blows up the whole Xavier/Mystique/Beast saga being told since First Class, which I've had consistently no interest in despite the cast (I've loved Magneto, though), and from the ashes sets up an X-Men film series I can get behind.

23. Jusscali

Synth-Bop Enthusiast Prestigious

I don't like that they are turning her into the focal point...

24. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Mystique was never very interesting or useful in these films. She's basically just star power at this point. Her role made a lot more sense in the first trilogy.

25. Jacob Davidson

Regular

Agreed. What is she gonna teach the other mutants that are far more powerful than she is against a literal God?