Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

X-Files (FOX) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

People seem pumped for this but the trailer makes me think the Carter-helmed episodes will be just as bad as last season.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  2. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I'm pumped. Sure the last season wasn't great, but it was still fun to me. Especially with some of the cameos they had.

3. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

4. I just hope it ends well.

5. emiliya

The show was very good. I watched it with great pleasure.

6. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

If Gillian is done, the show should just be done too.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  7. BackyardHero11

Trusted

agreed. I thought last season was decent enough for a "let's get everyone back together", but hoping for a real solid send off this season, as much as I love the show, I would like this to be it, finally just close it out right.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  8. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Exactly. I've kinda gotten used to S9 being the "end" (even though I liked S10) but a show with this much cultural impact really deserves to have a proper finale.

BackyardHero11 likes this.
  9. The show really ended with S6 or S7 (whenever Mulder leaves) if you ask me

suicidesaints likes this.
  10. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, you're right, really. Would be nice to see both Mulder and Scully together for a proper ending though.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. For sure. I still watched (and enjoyed most of) everything that came after that, haha. Really just hoping for a solid ending this time around because this show and these characters deserve it.

suicidesaints likes this.
  12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, it's just kinda crazy to me when you think about it. A show runs for 9 seasons and is a huge cultural hit. Inspires dozens of other shows. Creates a spinoff show. Then just gets cancelled and never has a real ending.

13. kbeef2 Oct 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 25, 2017)
    kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Networks used to not give a shit about giving shows proper finales. They do nowadays because complete stories make an easier sell on streaming platforms.

I don’t even know how you could end this show in a satisfying way. The mythology has been such a mess from season 5 onwards.

suicidesaints and Aaron Mook like this.
  14. emiliya

I do not understand why to shoot a film if the main character is leaving?

15. oakhurst

Trusted Supporter

I know the new season begins next month. I haven't seen a single episode of the series. I don't really want to catch up Seasons 1-9 in a month. Is it possible to only watch Season 10 before Season 11 and still understand what's going on?

16. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

At this point even those of us who have seen every single episode have no idea what’s going on. Most of the season will be standalones so you should be fine.

17. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

Seasons 1-4 are REALLY strong. The rest are hit and miss. The first movie is fun but flawed. The second movie is awful. And I thought the season 10 “event” was pretty mediocre. You can watch the new stuff only, but I don’t think you’ll be all that impressed.

18. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I enjoy I Want To Believe personally, as a movie maybe it wasn't what we expected, but I enjoy it as an extended monster of the week episode. I'd also say 1-5 are really strong, 6 is weaker but has some great episodes, 7 is where I realllly start to struggle no matter how much I love the series haha. 10 was fine for one it was. I really enjoyed the monster of the week stuff. still stoked for 11. but, that's me haha

Aaron Mook likes this.
  19. Aaron Mook Dec 14, 2017
    (Last edited: Dec 14, 2017)
    I also never really understood the hate for I Want to Believe (granted, it's been a few years) and think season six is pretty solid, but maybe that's because I prefer the MOTW episodes over the mythology.

Contender likes this.
  20. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah. Chris Carter really butchered the mythology.

21. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

“I Want To Believe” is not good. Like, at all. I think an X-Files movie should have high stakes and include the alien mythology, not a convoluted plot about a pedophile who becomes kinda heroic. Now that I have zero faith in Carter, I don’t want another movie from him. This seems like the final season with Mulder/Scully, so I’m along for the ride.

22. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I will say that season 6 is absolutely incredibly strong with the MOTW episodes

fran.182 and Aaron Mook like this.
  23. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

Next week...

24. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

25. BirdPerson

fuck tammy! Prestigious

I'm fine with that. Plot episodes still suck. Give me monster of the week.