Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

X-Files (FOX) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

The X-Files is an American science fiction horror drama television series created by Chris Carter. The program originally aired from September 10, 1993, to May 19, 2002, on Fox, spanning nine seasons and 202 episodes. The series revolves around FBI special agents Fox Mulder (David Duchovny) and Dana Scully (Gillian Anderson) investigating X-Files: marginalized, unsolved cases involving paranormal phenomena. Mulder believes in the existence of aliens and the paranormal while Scully, a skeptic, is assigned to make scientific analyses of Mulder's discoveries to debunk his work and thus return him to mainstream cases. Early in the series, both agents become pawns in a larger conflict and come to trust only each other. They develop a close relationship, which begins as a platonic friendship, but becomes a romance by the end of the series. In addition to the series-spanning story arc, "Monster-of-the-Week" episodes form roughly two-thirds of all episodes.

2. ONE WEEK.:heart:

3. chris

Trusted Supporter

Started watching over the weekend so I'll prob just turn this into my live reaction thread

4. NewSurrender

Regular Prestigious

I watched that revived series after being too young to watch the first nine seasons when they aired. It was okay. Episode three of season ten was easily the best of the six

5. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

The revival was a letdown for me. Carter's writing and direction were very meh.

6. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I would go a few steps further and say Carter's writing and direction were bafflingly terrible.

7. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

suicidesaints likes this.
  8. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

If Carter steps back, I'd be excited for another season.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  9. The ending of the mini-series was so ass that I literally don't know if I can be won back. Enjoyed a few of those episodes, still love seasons 1 - 6, and I'll always tune into new episodes, but yeesh.

BirdPerson and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  10. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

If it comes back, Carter can't be pulling the same crap he pulled for 10 seasons.

The ending to that mini-series was horrific.

truelovewaits and Aaron Mook like this.
  11. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

12. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Happy 25th to one of the best shows ever!!

truelovewaits and Aaron Mook like this.
  13. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

fran.182 and suicidesaints like this.
  14. a nice person

Trusted Prestigious

I'll always be loyal to this show. Hoping this season improves A LOT.

Whalejaw and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  15. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I know there were an episode or two that people liked from the revival but the general negative reaction to a lot of it/the ending made me never actually get around to it. Hopefully people like this new season more (and I guess I can get through that last revival).

16. Shakriel

Cause I'm running low on these hours of mine Prestigious

Will inevitably tune in, but won't be super hyped about it with how bad the last season largely was.

17. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I didn't hate season 10. there were some great episodes, some not so good. idk how I feel about the ending. I think I probably enjoyed the monster of the week episodes the most last season. but I'm still looking forward to this, I hope they bring in more writers and not just chris carter by himself.

18. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

19. There were definitely some winners last season, but seriously, the ending was so awful that I don't really know how excited I can be for this. And it's one of my favorite shows.

20. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The individual episodes were pretty good, the story and the ending were some of the most half-assed things I've ever seen. Hopefully it's better. Shouldn't be too hard to improve on that though?

21. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

22. RonandTammy

Regular

Not sure how I feel about it coming back again. They screwed the pooch so badly with the last attempt. The need to hit the mark for all of the typical episodes an X-Files season would encompass was a mistake. I'm hoping for a more serious season, and it would be nice to have Doggett back, though Robert Patrick said he was done with the character.

truelovewaits and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  23. thedrudo

Trusted Prestigious

They screwed the ending up. I really dug the bulk of the event series.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  24. RonandTammy

Regular

The ending would have been good if it was during the penultimate episode.

25. FrenzalRob

Melbourne, AUS Supporter