Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

WWE Speculation • Page 76

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. M.Lee

man, I'm pretty Prestigious

Don't think Strowman would team with Rousey. Sasha and Bayley are almost certainly preshow, as is something with Elias (and CW tournament). KO and Sami probably payoff their feud with Shane (if they don't face each other). Maybe a tag match.

After the whole roller coaster with Rollins, I'm not set on Finn and Miz at WM either.

2. broken22

(:

I feel like Finn/Seth should just happen at Mania. AJ/Nak, Seth/Finn and KO/Sami. Those three matches right there would be the icing on the cake for Mania.

3. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Wish Dean was coming back soon...having Dean in his corner while Finn has the Club in his would set up some potentially great stories to head into the summer

4. broken22

(:

And the great promos between Dean and Gallows and Anderson.

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I'm thinking Kurt tags with Ronda against Haitch and Steph

broken22 likes this.
  6. broken22

(:

I'd rather that then them waste Seth in a match with Kurt

7. M.Lee

This would make more sense.

Then Finn/Seth and Braun/Miz.

Just seems to fit better since Finn/Miz was originally meant to be just an EC program and was only thrown together because they thought Rollins was hurt.

edit: For those that haven't been following: Rollins was expected to miss like two months (all of EC and Mania) with the back injury Meltzer reported a while ago. Finn and Miz teased a program together before the company knew this and were supposed to have an IC title match at EC. Then Rollins' injury comes out and they have to back off that and throw those two guys in the Chamber match to sell it. The latest is, turns out Rollins ISN'T actually hurt, it's just a minor muscle tear. So Rollins gets added back into the Chamber match and now we have 7 guys because whatever, and Mania plans have been changing by the week.

oldjersey likes this.
  8. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Finn and Miz continue to tease a match between each other on social media and even last night they advanced a story between them. They'll likely have some spots at EC, and I don't see them dropping that for Braun. Plus Braun could very well work with Ronda on the idea that Braun still has unfinished business with HHH and Ronda wants to fight Steph. They were also building to Seth vs Kurt Angle's son, I don't understand how Finn/Seth and Braun/Miz make more sense than stuff that already has been going on for months.

9. M.Lee

Well, to be fair, I only said kurt makes more sense, which i stand by :blush:

Other stuff just requires some actual storytelling (gasp). Finn & miz is more or less just a Twitter feud right now. They could drop it and not lose anything. Plus Strowman and miz have interacted plenty over the past couple months, including last night for example

LuigiPeppercorn likes this.
  10. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Strowman/Rousey v HHH/Steph makes a lot more sense for Brauns character...he can murder HHH and stare down Steph at some point, and get an easy win.

And Id rather see Balor Club v Miztourage as a build...Braun murdering Miz for weeks on end leaving to a glorified squash at WM would be a waste of Miz two years in a row

11. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Last year wasn’t a waste of the miz because we got the total divas parody. A brain squash would be a waste for sure though

12. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

13. Blimp City Hero

Buddy Boy Prestigious

It'd be cool if Lana didn't exist. Rusev/Rousey making it Rousev Day would create the best Wrestlemania ever.

M.Lee likes this.
  14. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

I mean we have a completely unresolved ending to Survivor Series which makes a perfect set up for Kurt/Haitch. IC match could very well be a multi man match which I think would be the best idea. Finn/Miz/Braun, maybe even add Seth to that.

15. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

This would be awful.

16. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

upload_2018-2-20_18-29-2.png

preppyak, Shrek, GrantCloud and 2 others like this.
  17. clucky

Trusted Supporter

So assuming we get Asuka vs Charlotte, what does that mean for Carmella?

I don't see her cashing in on Asuka and winning. I hope she doesn't cash in and lose. Basically means the options are cashing in next week and then losing it back at fastlane, or causing a DQ in the WM match and then cash in there.

First seems like it would be a rushed and disappointing reign, later I just doubt they have that much stalk in her to give her that kind of Wrestlemania moment.

18. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

in what planet is Strowman/Rousey vs HHH/Steph a fair/comepetive match though?

M.Lee likes this.
  19. M.Lee Feb 21, 2018
    (Last edited: Feb 21, 2018)
    M.Lee

Mella does a fantastic job of selling Asuka's character, better than anyone else actually. Would not at all be opposed to her realizing she only has ~6 weeks left, then teasing it every week before losing at the ppv. Then they could run it back again the next month. They've never really done a story like that with mitb where the briefcase holder is running out of time, but doesn't wanna face the current champ. A main event SD feud that doesn't involve Charlotte or Natalya would be amazing.

GrantCloud likes this.
  20. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

The McMahon planet, which is at the center of the WWE universe.

21. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Thats only 10 matches, we're getting 12 or 13, which would leave room for Sami/KO and Sasha/Bayley if they wanted (though Id rather they slow burn those through the spring/summer). Presumably they'll add tag title matches, and I could see Club v Bar v Revival as one, with SD's being Tag Team turmoil to get a bunch of teams on the card.

But man is that a mediocre card with really limited build overall. WM33 was kinda meh, but it had 4 major matches with stories that built for 6+ months, and 2 other matches that built from the Rumble on. And Shane/AJ + Cena/Nikki's proposals were really well built on a short time frame.

22. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't include anything I thought would be on the preshow. Last year had 10 matches on the main card and 3 on the preshow, I don't think this year will be much different honestly. More than 10 will be too much, and you gotta give a good chunk of these some time. Maybe there's some tag title thing, but I could see that on the preshow as well.

23. That's about my card as well.

It sucks because some of those are gonna get shafted to the preshow. I think the CW finals should absolutely be on the main card but I don't think they'll get it to fit.

A lot of those matches will need a good amount of time like Luigi said.

AJ/Nak *should* get a good 30-40 minutes.

24. also we can't forget that Miz tried to murder Braun in a trash compactor in November

25. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Lashley signing is official. Allegedly.

Shrek and GrantCloud like this.