Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

WWE Speculation • Page 200

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. clucky

Trusted Supporter

When I made my post I legitimately thought Roman had won the rumble and thus *had* to have a mania title shot lol. my brain was desperate to try and find a way that maybe this all made sense

preppyak likes this.
  2. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Kabuki Warriors vs. Natalya & Beth Phoenix for the Women's Tag Titles
    Otis vs. Dolph Ziggler
    Two new WM matches, either of which would not surprise me if it ends up pushed to the go-home show instead of the main card.

Both...very uninspired.

3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Seems like something that should have happened last year, in hindsight. They should have given that hart dynasty gimmick the tag titles. Don't know what them winning it now would even mean other then asuka and kairi talents are being completely wasted by wwe.

Otis Dolph is fine, it has a storyline they've been building for months so it's not a bad preshow match to have, considering its predecessors.

Are either exciting in any way? Definitely not

4. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

The last three things i've said as a matter of fact:

Edge Return
    Goldberg vs. Fiend in Saudi
    Goldberg wins the title

I've got a better record than Meltzer

oldjersey and Nick like this.
  5. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Meltz also says Vince is trying to get Tyson Fury back in to give them more mainstream cred for streaming services.

6. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Is that why big show returned?

7. preppyak

Elite Supporter

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WrestleMania 36 is now planned to have 16 matches.

I cant do it again...right now, theres not even a match I actually want to see, let alone 16. Gonna watch NXT and have sunday free.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

How could anyone look at the wm card right now and be like "we need even more of this!"

9. Henry

Moderator Moderator

oh boy

At press time there are two Chamber matches, but both lackluster, one for a Raw women’s title shot at Mania with Shayna Baszler, Natalya, Liv Morgan, Asuka (who has a wrist injury and wasn’t cleared as of Monday but was hopeful to be okay for this match), Ruby Riott and Sarah Logan. If Baszler doesn’t win, that wouldn’t bode well for her, since it would make twice that Vince McMahon would have changed his mind on her. Baszler was the original pick to win the Rumble only to have McMahon a week out change plans to Charlotte Flair and have Baszler win the Chamber. But there was negativity and uncertainty regarding McMahon’s reaction to Baszler’s match with Kairi Sane on Raw not getting the desired reaction and Baszler not coming off like a WrestleMania headliner. But if you look at the match, there’s nobody else to win. Asuka has just gotten her shots at Becky Lynch and lost clean. The others haven’t been pushed to anywhere close to that level and Baszler has already shot a heavy angle with Lynch.

10. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Wow, bad booking really hurts huh

atticusfinch likes this.
  11. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

When’s elimination chamber?

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

this weekend lol

13. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Sunday lol

14. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

lol had no idea

15. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Can Vince just fuck off and focus on the XFL

16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Fucking hell. Why do wwe have so many ppv’s and so often?

17. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Because 1.4 million people are giving them $10 every month

GrantCloud likes this.
  18. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

19. PauLo

43% Burnt

CMPunkvincedead.gif

ghostedaway likes this.
    • Per TalkSport’s Alex McCarthy, the SmackDown Women’s title match at WrestleMania 36will be a six-pack challenge featuring Bayley, Sasha Banks, Naomi, Lacey Evans, Carmella, and one other name.
    • McCarthy also says the original plan was for Sasha vs. Bayley, but Banks injury caused them to change that.
    • From the same report: Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross will be added to the Divas of Doom vs. Kabuki Warriors Women’s Tag title match in Tampa.
    Smackdown women's match and tag match have potential

20. 6 pack challenge will probably lead to the highly anticipated Bayley-Sasha feud for SummerSlam

21. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

One other name. Soooo like Kelly Kelly or something

22. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Wrestling Observer noted that Vince McMahon made several late changes to last week’s Raw including having Riddick Moss beat Ricochet instead of R-Truth, having Aleister Black take his first singles loss, and revealing Erick Rowan’s spider.
    All aboard the "get Vince the fuck away from creative" train, because he just ruined 3 active things about RAW in one rewrite last week. Ricochet and Rowan are done, and Aleister needs something big heading into or just after WM to not languish

23. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Black had to lose so he could beat AJ after interference. It's poetry, or whatever.

Honestly that's what I hate about WWE booking. They had to make sure AJ looked strong with a win before losing the PPV match. They can't just book logically.

24. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Mandy or Sonya would be my guess