Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

WWE Speculation • Page 197

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. PauLo

43% Burnt

He's entertaining, he's solid in the ring. He's not an Owens ring wise or anything, but he doesn't need to be. What makes him a bad worker?

2. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Elias is beefy

3. koryoreo

Trusted Supporter

He's boring as all hell in the ring. Sure his gimmick can be fun but Elias matches are a snooze fest.

4. PauLo

43% Burnt

Being boring doesn't mean he's a bad worker, though

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Wtf

6. preppyak

Elite Supporter

He's a slightly more athletic Miz. With the wrong opponent, yeah, its boring as hell. With the right person, it works well.

But yeah...Cena v Elias is a big wet fart of an idea. There are far, far more compelling matchups...including going back to the Cena/AJ well instead of Cena v Elias and Taker v AJ. Especially when Elias v Taker would actually be the right way to put Taker on the card in a shorter match he could win.

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

They should just have him and Bugenhagen riff on each other for two hours without touching.

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  8. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Bryan Alvarez says he’s heard the SmackDown Women’s title match at WrestleMania 36 will be Bayley vs. Naomi.

So, barring some magical re-appearance, Sasha will have worked Clash of Champions + HIAC (both vs Becky) and Survivor Series as the grand total of her PPV appearances between WM35 and WM36. What a waste of basically the last two years of her career.

9. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

That really sucks

Naomi is definitely deserving, though

10. she's just not a high priority for WWE

11. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Naomi bores me. She had her shot 2 years ago and was boring then too...though the SD roster is so weak that there arent really better options (since they are clearly running Bliss/Cross as a tag team)

12. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’m pretty sure Sasha said she legit got hurt in that Lacey Evans angle on that Corey Graves podcast. Unless that was in kayfabe. But the rest of the interview didn’t seem to be in character

edit: now that I think about it maybe it was in character

13. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Elias is indeed fine for a cooldown match, but a cooldown match is a bummer of a spot to see Cena in. i would guess he's not in the best ring shape nor is her sticking around after, so i get the logistics, but as someone whos gonna be watching 19 fuckin hours of Wrestlemania it's looking might disappointing

preppyak likes this.
  14. Wild that currently the Brock match is what I’m most excited for.

Becky vs Shayna should be good even though it means she’s likely dropping the title.

I still believe that AJ will get a good match out of Undertaker regardless of how little I want to see him wrestle

15. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I’m thinking it’s gotta be the Hollywood thing right? Even if it is not something his agency is making him sit out, he’s probably thinking either “I am finally shedding my wrestler image and making it big, I shouldn’t do this” or “I shouldn’t risk getting hurt while I have this momentum”.

they should do rock/Cena 3 with Cena the heel and rock telling him he became what he hated. I wonder if Rock is getting the itch after seeing that video of him at the PC

Shrek likes this.
  16. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

To further my Cena/Rock fantasy booking: the match ends in a DQ with Cena laying out the Rock. Then he gets in a car and speeds off. Rock jumps on the mic and says this isn’t over Cena. I’ll see you at Fast Saga Presents: Fas10 Your Seatbelt

Joe4th, oldjersey, preppyak and 2 others like this.
  17. Cena is probably getting at least one more world title win
    Next Mania wouldn’t be a bad place to do it

preppyak likes this.
  18. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Taketimeandfind likes this.
  19. yeah I wonder if she is really hurt because Sarah Logan is actually getting more screen time than her hahaha

20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

He tied with Flair's bullshit record right?

I think the Cena/Elias build could be entertaining, but i'm just really played out on Elias' gimmick. I like when Cena goes toe to toe with someone who's as good a promo as him. Elias is a good promo, sort of? I've never seen him do one without his guitar so it's hard to gauge.

21. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Well I guess we see why Sasha wants to leave this fuckin company. Sasha is one of my favorites to watch in a proper build and big match, she just hasn't gotten any fucking good booking the past couple of years and it blows my mind.

22. maybe she isn't wrestling right now because she is filming that Mandalorian stuff and it's all insurance stuff

23. preppyak

Elite Supporter

This is what I'd want to see set-up. And I just dont see how that happens with a random Elias match.

Cena's 17th would actually be probably the cleanest way to beat the Fiend, especially if its short-lived.

slowheart likes this.
  24. yeah I think he needs one more to break it. with a good build up + champion for next year I’d be really down with him getting it there. Maybe even a rumble win. I don’t think we’d complain too much since Drew got it this year

25. I would’ve preferred that 100%

I think Roman gets a pretty lengthy run (AFAIK he’s never had a super long run) and Cena eventually takes it off of him