Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

WWE Speculation • Page 196

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

Also the company that ended kofis special title run against a part timer in 6 six seconds, and kofi never acknowledged it on tv after.

preppyak likes this.
  2. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Bray went over AJ Styles and John Cena...both coming off functionally feud of the year and Cena's 16th title win...to win the title at Elim Chamber. And then he beat them both clean on the next SD. 2 months later he lost in a dogshit match at WM and never recovered.

This is basically the perfect confluence for WWE. The ability to put over a 50+ year old part-time AND screw over Bray's career. In a way, I dont see how they pass that up.

3. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I honestly think the title is inhibiting the fiend so I'm fine with it, if that happens

4. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i really dont think Goldberg is going over. i dont see what is in it for him. he's getting tons of money from these Saudi shows and he has already hurt himself twice in his limited stint since the Survivor Series match against Brock.

the difference between the Fiend and the other examples of Bray and Kofi is that WWE has invested tangible resources into Fiend beyond just a push. he is a merchandising gold mine and as soon as he's just another guy thats going to take a hit. i dont see it.

5. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Meltzer saying Cenas Mania opponent is gonna be Elias. Lmao this mania is gonna fucking suck

GrantCloud likes this.
  6. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Assuming the best case scenario so far, we're getting

Brock v McIntyre
    Reigns v Fiend
    AJ v Taker
    Cena v Elias
    Becky v Shayna
    Charlotte v Rhea
    Bayley vs Naomi?
    Goldberg vs ?

The US Title holder is suspended until the go-home show for Elimination Chamber; the IC title holder is Braun. The RAW tag titles are held by a non tag team who is feuding with another non tag team. I think the SD tag titles are gonna be the only lower card belt that has anything resembling a story heading into Mania. And most of the non-title matches I have no interest in.

oldjersey likes this.
  7. Same update from Meltzer said that Goldberg is only doing the Saudi show as of now

8. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Maybe bray just goes for dq immediately or something dumb

9. preppyak

Elite Supporter

I mean, this should be incredibly easy to book if htat's true. Trot out the WM33 template.

Goldberg catches the fiend early, Fiend no sells. Fiend catches Goldberg, Goldberg no sells. Maybe a minute of back and forth, Goldberg hits another spear, hypes up the Jackhammer, Bray counters it into Sister Abigail and Mandible Claw...match over.

But I still dont trust them to get this right

10. preppyak

Elite Supporter

John Cena’s opponent for Wrestlemania, which is very underwhelming in Dave’s eyes, might be Elias. Dave will have 100% confirmation tomorrow but he feels confident this is the match. He cannot believe this is the match as it is suppose to give Elias the rub in a losing effort.

Feels more positive on AJ Styles vs Undertaker. Cause AJ can lose and not hurt his rep, plus sell for Taker to make him look good.
    So...the current mania plan is to have two guys who wrestled one non-Saudi match in the last year beat two of their more popular full-times...

11. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

This shit is so ass backwards

12. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Cena and Elias again is hilariously bad

13. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Remember when Taker squashed Cena after Cena squashed Elias

PeacefulOrca likes this.
  14. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

They have to sell taker as unstoppable for crown jewel, obviously

15. Shrek

man i was so excited to see Cena coming back, what a waste.

16. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I wonder if it’s one of those Hollywood won’t insure him type things like the rock had after he got hurt wrestling Cena

Shrek likes this.
  17. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

What happened? Just that he's stuck with Elias?

Shrek likes this.
  18. Shrek

i had a similar thought, i feel like itll just be another squash
    yep. an Elias segment for the third Mania in a row that will do nothing for anybody

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Elias will always be fine for a cooldown match :shrug:

20. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Elias is such a god damn bad worker

21. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Elias is a gimmick, it's what he do

22. PauLo

43% Burnt

I'm not a fan or really like anything he does, but this is blatantly untrue.

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

as long as he can pull off stuff like this, Elias will always always always get a pass for me

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

How is it untrue?

25. PauLo

43% Burnt

Elias needs to be a heel