Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

WWE Speculation • Page 193

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. preppyak Jan 28, 2020
    (Last edited: Jan 28, 2020)
    preppyak

Elite Supporter

Its funny, I thought Keith Lee winning to challenge Adam Cole was a bad idea; they somehow made Charlotte winning worse.

I assume that means Charlotte/Rhea is on the Takeover? Or are they gonna do 3 womens title matches (maybe 4 with the tag belts) at WM?

2. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

It's gotta be at mania

3. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

There's no chance in hell Charlotte's title match wouldn't be at Mania. A) It sets a bad look for the Rumble winner and B) She's Charlotte freaking Flair.

4. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

You think they make us wait til mania for the Orton/edge match? Or do it in Saudi Arabia?

5. Reading the WOR notes and wow

Black was apparently strongly considered to face Brock at mania lmao

and Riddle has heat supposedly. Not that shocking I guess

Joe4th likes this.
  6. preppyak

Elite Supporter

This I completely agree with; and its really weird for Charlotte of all people to go that path. Does the NXT title even count towards her 17?

It'd be one thing if she was on a Cena-like journey to get a match at WM; entering every #1 contenders match possible, and snuck her way into an NXT #1 contenders match and won. But the Rumble match -> NXT title match is weird.

Also, this might explain the random change from NXT Womens Championship -> NXT Championship

7. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

It’s only weird because NXT is still basically a third brand. Gotta normalize that it can be something everyone wants. Charlotte wanting it is a big deal, and even though she wouldn’t have been my first choice to win the rumble, I think this is the best way to handle her winning the thing

8. MidDave

I have no problem with her going for that title, I just want it on Mania. I'm fine with her saying "i've beaten Bayley and I've beaten Becky, and I'm ready for a new challenge."

9. Charlotte will be at NXT tomorrow according to PWI

preppyak likes this.
  10. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

this might be hard for some people to accept, but NXT is now a third brand. it's on the same network as RAW, and, more importantly, it's been solidified by winning brand supremacy at survivor series last year. not to mention, there's already a storyline with lee trying to end the prophecy of the undisputed era; why not lee/cole for the nxt title at mania? i'm under the firm belief that there will be AT LEAST one NXT match at this year's mania.

can't understand people that complain about not wanting the same old shit like flair/lynch, flair/sasha, flair/bayley will also complain about something new like flair/ripley. OR... after last weekend, who's to say that belair doesn't beat ripley and we get flair/belair (belair with the new rumble female eliminations record, got over in rumble match).

11. MidDave

I don't think anyone was complaining about Flair/Ripley specifically. I think people were just curious how going from Rumble to challenging the NXT champ would work since it's never happened before.

12. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

They want to get back on top of AEW in the ratings too. She will definitely bring some people if she goes there and they start cross promoting again

13. stonecoldnimrod

first time for everything, brother.

this guy...
    see this guy...

this guy gets it.

no different that when punk won the mitb briefcase the first time to try and boost the ecw ratings on sci-fi (of course, before vince killed it).

14. Henry

Moderator Moderator

If you think Charlotte beats Rhea, you gotta be fucking high

GrantCloud, Shrek and PauLo like this.
  15. Charlotte being champ on NXT would actually make me never watch NXT haha

16. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

What's the difference between her or shayna being champ?

17. I mean we thought this as well when she faced Asuka a few years ago and broke the streak

18. I like Shayna

19. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I'd take Charlotte as nxt champ over shayna any day

20. MidDave

I'm aware and generally support the idea. Was simply saying I don't think anyone is being really inconsistent or unfair questioning the move.

GrantCloud likes this.
  21. stonecoldnimrod

i think it's less about charlotte and more about rhey (and NXT) getting the win/rub at mania. if NXT has some sort of presence at this year's mania, it could turn the tide in the ratings when competing with AEW.

22. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I didn’t say she’d actually win. But the build up would bring viewers

23. M.Lee

man, I'm pretty Prestigious

It's fucking Charlotte Flair though. Did hear beating Asuka's streak make any damn sense? Her beating Sasha at every single PPV? No but it happened anyway. That's literally the story of Charlotte's career. "She probably shouldn't win this match, but hey look, she did."

24. preppyak

Elite Supporter

So, Im actually complaining about Flair/Ripley specifically. And maybe the Io injury changed things or whatever, but, the part I love about NXT is seeing new women built up before they go to die on the main roster. Rhea just won the thing and ended a long reign, I want her to churn through a couple of heels before someone takes it off her at like, Takeover: Toronto.

And this is precisely what scares me. If Charlotte wins, then who the hell dethrones her? It'd be one thing if Charlotte had never won that title, but she has. I get it from a WWE side of things; its great for their ratings and gives them a lot of variety for womens matches...but as a fan who liked Asuka and watched Charlotte deflate her, I dont want the same for Rhea or any of the NXT women

25. yeah every wrestler who wrestles with Charlotte ends up looking way worse - only Lynch has been able to come out of feuding with her looking good