Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

WWE Speculation • Page 189

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Poor Asuka barely had any time to soak in her win

2. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

how? i said if Reigns wins a Rumble that Edge and Punk are in, it will elicit a negative reaction. i didnt mention anyone winning other than, in that scenario, Reigns shouldn't

GrantCloud likes this.
  3. preppyak

Elite Supporter

My favorite part is when they made Roman #30 in 2017 and had him last eliminated to keep Randy winning from getting boo'd.

4. Why would it elicit a negative reaction tho unless you expect one of those two to win? If you don’t expect them to win then why does Roman winning elicit a negative reaction whereas he wouldn’t elicit one if those two weren’t in it?

5. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Because the crowd would be electric for one of those returns, only for them to be eliminated, and then someone that they've been vocally against wins, you have to see how that crowd would react to it. Roman winning would get a ton of boos. without those two in it, he genuinely has a chance to get a good pop if he wins.

6. Shrek

because im not any of the thousands of casual fans that will be in the arena haha

GrantCloud and Drew Beringer like this.
  7. Shrek

i think Reigns can main event Wrestlemania at this point and get a positive reaction. maybe even with a Rumble win, although i generally think the honorific of a multiple time Rumble winner only works with the most bulletproof, over people and Reigns isnt there. it otherwise works best as a crowning moment.

Joe4th, preppyak and Drew Beringer like this.
  8. I don’t agree with this (obviously)

9. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Depends a lot how they handle it. AJ Styles got eliminated by KO and everyone was fine with it...in large part because he was treated well and because KO could take that heat. If they had Corbin or Brock eliminate Edge, then Roman eliminates that person, I think it'd go over fine. Honestly, Brock being in the Rumble gives them a lot of get out of jail free cards in that way.

But if they handle it like they handled D-Bry; having Edge or Punk enter at #10 and eliminated at the midway point in a flukey way, then yeah, I could see things going sideways.
    But generally, I agree with this...especially for Punk. Edge, I think you can eliminate him in a lot more ways without the fans turning

Joe4th likes this.
  10. preppyak

Elite Supporter

It basically all depends on the Final 4. Put Roman in there with Corbin, Brock, and Lashley and the crowd will be fine with him winning. Put him in a Final 4 with Keith Lee, Edge, and KO, and the crowd would boo him winning for sure.

This is also gonna be really true if they go with Charlotte for the womens side.

Joe4th and Shrek like this.
  11. Shrek

i mean what you're describing they should do is largely similar to what they did at the very Rumble he got booed out of the building at. the last few were Kane, Big Show and like Ziggler or something. fodder no one wanted to see win. obviously the Daniel Bryan effect was in play but a CM Punk return is about the closest to that energy that you're gonna get out of an average crowd and i think the issue is less where someone like an Edge or Punk gets thrown out and more the fact that most of the energy for an hour match is going to come and go with their reveals and eliminations.

the Rumble win for a face is inherently an underdog booking device, all the face wins that jump to mind that worked are smaller or midcard guys that came in early or guys that returned from an injury. i just dont think the general fanbase will ever accept Reigns in that role.

12. Shrek

i would like to say this is all hypothetical and i do not expect Punk to return one bit haha

Drew Beringer likes this.
  13. I think Roman is pretty close to bullet proof after returning - at least here in the Midwest he gets overwhelming cheers at the live events

14. I think Roman is a lock personally. He’s been kept away from the title since he’s been back and the winner will almost certainly be Wyatts opponent since Brocks will be whoever chucks his ass over (Please be McIntyre and not Cain)

Drew Beringer likes this.
  15. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Vince sucks

Shrek likes this.
  16. Shrek

i appreciate your commitment to maintaining your brand

GrantCloud and PeacefulOrca like this.
  17. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

I don't think reigns has to win a rumble to get a championship match but I fully expect Vince to think because Austin won twice that Roman has to win at least three rumbles or something dumb like that. Winning the rumble either go to someone who hasn't gotten the push they deserve or at least it should go to someone in a hot storyline where they're chasing the title from a rival, Roman has neither of those two things.

18. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Knowing Vince

Oddpac87 and Shrek like this.
  19. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Austin won 3 so get ready for Romans 4

Shrek and PeacefulOrca like this.
  20. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Shrek likes this.
  21. While I’m still not a believer that Edge is returning (also knowing what shape he at one point was in from a health standpoint, I don’t want him to) BUTTTTT

If he does then surely Corbin is the one throwing him out to get that sweet sweet heat

preppyak likes this.
  22. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Corbin will probably eliminate Keith lee, edge, Booker t, Adam Cole etc. and then Roman will get him out

23. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Imagine being Dolph/Cesaro/Jeff Hardy.

You’ve busted your ass for this company for years and years, then you see it’s all been for Vegas to put you at 100/1 odds to win the Rumble while Cain fucking Velasquez is at 11/2.

Shrek likes this.
  24. Shrek

at this point, id bet at least 25 dollars Edge is in.

25. Shrek

Edge was cleared for a spear at Summerslam. WWE wouldn't clear Rikishi for a stinkface. no recent evidence suggests a grey line in WWE clearing talent. it's a clear one. a spear bump being cleared means a lot more being cleared based off what we know.