Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

WWE Speculation • Page 188

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. PeacefulOrca

Prestigious Prestigious

Are they going to announce the women's rumble lineup two weeks before again?

2. Rumors for the Day:
    • Vince McMahon loved the Lana/Lashley wedding, according to a WrestlingNews.co source. The angle is “mapped out for the next few weeks” and “there is some Jerry Springer stuff coming.”
    • That site also says Liv Morgan was not originally supposed to be in the story, but was added because Paul Heyman wants to push her.
    • A WWE source told WrestleVotes the WrestleMania 36 card is more undecided than it usually is in January, with multiple options still open. That was described as both “refreshing” and “frustrating at the same time”.

3. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Wasn't last year a mess too?

Morrison is in town for Smackdown

4. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Yep. If memory serves the Batista/HHH match formed in late Feb, Kofi's ascendance began mid-Feb, all the womens tag stuff started getting thrown together around then. I think Shane/Miz and Becky/Ronda/Charlotte were the only matches being built at this point last year. I think about half the WM matches were made within a week or two of the show.

Also, looking back, AJ/Randy happened at WM last year. Will be interesting if they face off there again.

5. PauLo

43% Burnt

6. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Hope they do big things with her

7. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Singles Match (Falls Count Anywhere)
    Roman Reigns -180
    King Corbin +140

WWE Raw Women’s Championship
    Becky Lynch -300
    Asuka +200

WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship
    Bayley -200
    Lacey Evans +150

WWE Universal Championship (Strap Match)
    Bray Wyatt -600
    Daniel Bryan +350

Women’s Royal Rumble Winner
    Shayna Baszler 1/3
    Charlotte Flair 2/1
    Ronda Rousey 10/1
    Sasha Banks 13/1
    Rhea Ripley 15/1
    Lacey Evans 20/1
    Kairi Sane 23/1
    Becky Lynch 30/1
    Nikki Cross 30/1
    Alexa Bliss 35/1
    Liv Morgan 35/1
    Nia Jax 35/1
    AJ Lee 40/1
    Ruby Riott 40/1
    Asuka 45/1
    Bayley 45/1
    Carmella 45/1
    Mandy Rose 45/1
    Paige 45/1
    Sonya Deville 55/1
    Io Shirai 55/1
    Candice LeRae 65/1
    Dana Brooke 65/1

Men’s Royal Rumble Winner
    Roman Reigns 1/2
    Brock Lesnar 2/1
    Drew McIntyre 9/2
    Cain Velasquez 11/2
    CM Punk 6/1
    Edge 15/2
    Kevin Owens 9/1
    Bray Wyatt 15/1
    Daniel Bryan 18/1
    Finn Balor 18/1
    Keith Lee 18/1
    Aleister Black 23/1
    Braun Strowman 25/1
    John Cena 25/1
    Tyson Fury 25/1
    AJ Styles 33/1
    Ricochet 35/1
    Tommaso Ciampa 35/1
    Randy Orton 40/1
    Samoa Joe 40/1
    Seth Rollins 40/1
    Andrade 45/1
    Big E 45/1
    The Rock 45/1
    Kofi Kingston 50/1
    Lars Sullivan 50/1
    Matt Riddle 50/1
    Adam Cole 50/1
    Rey Mysterio 50/1
    Rusev 50/1
    The Miz 50/1
    Baron Corbin 70/1
    Buddy Murphy 70/1
    Conor McGregor 70/1
    Elias 70/1
    Erick Rowan 70/1
    Humberto Carrillo 70/1
    Johnny Gargano 70/1
    Mustafa Ali 70/1
    The Undertaker 70/1
    Triple H 70/1
    Velveteen Dream 70/1
    Walter 70/1
    Akam 100/1
    Bobby Lashley 100/1
    Cedric Alexander 100/1
    Cesaro 100/1
    Dolph Ziggler 100/1
    Jeff Hardy 100/1
    Pete Dunne 100/1

8. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Is WWE really thinking about Roman winning?

9. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

Wyatt/Reigns seems likely. wouldn't be surprised

10. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

I think they can get to Roman/bray by other means. Especially since brays whole thing right now is challenging people who have wronged him in the past. I think Drew has a real shot right now

ghostedaway likes this.
  11. GrantCloud

Prestigious Prestigious

makes sense. They have literally been dragging the feud with Corbin to last until the rumble.

12. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i know the rumored return names appearing on betting odds mean less than nothing, but if there is a Rumble where CM Punk and Edge return and they give Reigns the win, they have learned fucking nothing lol

13. Lol why should Punk or Edge win? Roman more than deserves to win the rumble - they’ve built him up perfectly since his return

14. The winner of the rumble should be a dude who’s been wrestling week in and week out - it should someone like Roman or Drew

punk and edge haven’t been in the WWE for over 5 years now what feud would make sense? It makes more sense for their feud to be set up via an elimination in the rumble if they do enter

15. EntryLevelTank

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

Punk's comeback should be super easy to book if he wants it. He comes out on Backstage and says "fuck it, i'll do one." Announce a handpicked opponent of his choice on Raw and there ya go. Like, they don't need to go crazy with it.

Drew Beringer likes this.
  16. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Lol @ McGregor

17. preppyak

Elite Supporter

I mean, he'd made the most sense of anyone from Smackdown. He fits the mold of Wyatt opponents (past history, etc), and with the Uso's involved as well, would have quite a bit to work with. Though, having him be the one to beat The Fiend is probably how you 2015 Rumble him again...

I know some of these odds are just fucking around, but the fact that Brock is 2/1 while starting from #1 is either the bookmakers trying to drain a lot of money from people on something they think wont happen, or there's a theory that is INSANE that Brock might actually win. Like, the notion he's at double the odds over Drew and 5x the odds of Owens is insane to me.

You'd bury the entire male roster of the company if Brock wins the Rumble from #1 and ensure there is no believable WM challenger for him (short of making The Fiend the one that beats him and unifies the belts).

I still think McIntyre winning for the RAW side makes the most sense; but if they want to do Brock/Cain, then it makes sense for a SD person to win it. But Roman should be winning the elimination chamber to get his match with Wyatt in my mind.

ghostedaway likes this.
  18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

putting $20 on Cain seems like a decent idea. Could definitely be a main event they try and run.

19. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

i never said they should win you dork i just dont think Reigns as a face would get anything but nuclear heat if it were him winning a rumble they returned in. there are plenty of heels and established faces that could do so and be fine.

GrantCloud and Joe4th like this.
  20. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Actually, the fact that both Charlotte and Brock are both at 2/1 to win while more logical winners (KO, Sasha, etc) are at like 10/1 makes me really worried that WWE is gonna do some really dumb stuff heading into WM.

Sasha winning the Rumble and challenging Bayley writes itself. As does Shayna/Becky. Charlotte...that'd just be so obvious they want to hand her an accolade.

21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

remember when it was shin and asuka and the crowd went wild?

Contender, amorningofsleep and Joe4th like this.
  22. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

I just don’t see any way Brock lasts the entire rumble. Unless he gets taken out early and comes back for the end

23. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I gotta wonder if odds makers are going off Meltz for the winner. The other day he said Shayna has been the plan for a while.

24. Your post didn’t make that clear at all haha

25. This is what will happen