Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

WWE Speculation • Page 163

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Henry

Moderator Moderator

He finished up with MLW around October, I think? Or maybe more recently. That was the big contract he had. When he dropped the title to Low Ki, everyone kinda figured he was on his way. I don't remember what company it was with, but last week I saw a post saying he did his farewell speech.

Could see him going to AEW tbh. Not sure how much he'd want to be a WWE midcard guy.

ghostedaway and Nick like this.
  2. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Yeah I'm not worried about the quality of the other guys stepping up, moreso the stories. There doesn't seem to be too much there, yet. So I think there will have to be lot of building people up quickly.

3. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Oh it was MLW? Must have gotten confused there. I hope he doesn't go to WWE, I'll miss him at OTT.

4. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

SmoJoe and Angle would be the absolute best scenario IMO IMO

5. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

re: the NXT tapings, it seems weird to me that:

- HHH comes out to handle the NXT title situation? why not go with the angle that Johnny’s attack is what took Ciampa out and let him come out and talk about it? i guess HHH could have sold that in his promo but it seems like not giving Johnny a moment here is a bad move
    - i don’t like Black and Ricochet going over Forgotten Sons from a booking perspective, especially with them cutting a farewell promo for the crowd. Ricochet was inaugural NA champ and Black had a lengthy run as NXT champ, and both are main roster bound... what does this rub do for them? Forgotten Sons with the tourney win and a real chance to get heat on them against a v over War Raiders would do something for the product, now the whole accolade will prob be mentioned once on Raw and SD and then thrown into the void. don’t get me wrong the match will rule, but for what?

6. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Forgotten sons suck and never should have gotten to the final imo but yeah I always hate non tag teams going over actual teams.

GrantCloud and Taketimeandfind like this.
  7. MidDave

"Draft Day" is a good film Supporter

I think they chose Black/Ricochet because losing the Ciampa/Gargano match took away a little of the star power you know?

8. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

That and it'll make War Raiders look even better after that match. Plus Forgotten Sons didn't seem believable at all to potentially win that match IMO

preppyak likes this.
  9. Shrek

yeah that makes sense but i have a feeling they were always gonna go over

re: Black/Ricochet

10. delvec19

Trusted

11. Shrek

idk how much better War Raiders need to look when there isn’t a single credible team for them to face when Black/Ricochet leave unless we are defaulting to rematches with UE or BSS. Lorcan/Birch feel like the best choice and they’re more or less just above jobber status. the crowd loves them enough to change that quickly enough but it’s stll not a great field of challengers out there

ghostedaway likes this.
  12. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

It's cool that they want to try to get everyone on the show but holy shit lol

13. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I hope they start pushing Lorcan/Burch and Barthel/Aichner.

Shrek and ghostedaway like this.
  14. ghostedaway

bryan Prestigious

Bring Sanity back to NXT. Not like they're up to much on SD

Joe4th and Shrek like this.
  15. Shrek

yes please

Joe4th likes this.
  16. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Wolfe showed up at 16 Carat Gold. Pop was crazy. Shame he's doing nothing with WWE at the moment.

17. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

18. MidDave

I honestly think they will.

19. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Battle Royales are the easiest way to include everyone and they take like 10mins. The problem with 17 matches was there was functionally 3 squashes at WM34 with 14 matches (Taker/Cena, both tag title matches)...and it still went 7 hours.

And we already know HHH/Batista will go like 20mins. Rousey/Flair/Lynch needs 15. D-Bry v Kofi probably needs 15-20. Means all the midcard and tag titles are gonna go 5 minutes at best or this shows going into Monday.

Nick likes this.
  20. MidDave

Not everyone needs to be on the card though. Throw em a cash bonus they would receive for being on the show and get the ATGBR outta my face.

21. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

I don't really care if the battle royale stay or go. They're preshow fluff.

22. Taketimeandfind

Trusted

Yeah this is what they need to do. Matches should be reserved for strong ongoing feuds. Maybe one or two other matches that are there to break it up.

23. MidDave

Finally watching Randy Orton namedrop Dixie Carter. That segment was actually super solid and i'm oddly interested in their match.

24. Nick

@fangclubb Prestigious

Absolutely no idea what this means for them, but British Strong Style won the OTT tag team championships in a losers leaves town match tonight.

25. LuigiPeppercorn

Trusted Prestigious

Lethal vs. Scurl vs. Taven in a Ladder Match for the title at G1 Supercard