Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Writing • Page 30

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by WordsfromaSong, Apr 7, 2016.

1. stonecoldnimrod

roamer. wanderer. nomad. vagabond.

2. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

A lil thread of everything I've published this year. Would mean a lot if any of you read these pieces. And of course my book drops this friday, which I'm unbelievably happy about :blush:

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

I am 9 poems away from completing my first (only?) poetry collection. I've got 91 poems that I am super proud of telling the story from my grandfather going into the hospital on Dec. 26, 2019 to finishing my first marathon on Nov. 20, 2021 and how I processed everything (the election, COVID-19, raising chickens, travel memories while trapped at home, tension with friends and families, mental health, etc) in between.

4. stonecoldnimrod

-Walk Through-

this one from 2013 is rough… glad i’m nowhere near that headspace now.

Garrett and OotyPa like this.
  5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Gutting, heartshattering work. Well done, man. Thanks for sharing.

6. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Don't think I've shared it here yet, but if any of you are interested in a copy of my novella, it's out now and would mean a ton if any of you picked up a copy.

:heart::blush:

theagentcoma likes this.
  7. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Cool opportunity! My first author interview about my new book Below Torrential Hill with Norns Triad Publications. Read here: tinyurl.com/BTH-Interview1

Also, the in-person book launch at Philly's A Novel Idea is TOMORROW (12/14) at 7pm EST. There's also a virtual launch happening live on their IG. More info at http://anovelideaphilly.com/events.

theagentcoma likes this.
  8. stonecoldnimrod

sneak peek: work in progress/almost finished

-Talking That Talk-

You broke in and now you’re dying to leave
    You wanted the smoke and now you can’t breathe
    I don’t hear you talking that talk anymore
    I don’t hear you

You fight for his name
    I, against my grave
    You lack all respect
    This fight, to the death

This wasn’t between the haves and have nots
    Yet you threw punches despite your glass jaw
    I don’t know you talking that talk anymore
    I don’t know you

You fight for the fame
    I, against my grave
    One of us will die
    Better you than I

Kept your head above shark infested waters
    But after bleeding out, why bother?

Existence comes with such fragility
    Throwing caution to the wind willingly
    Believing imbecilic prophecies
    Or entitlement
    What was simple, now a complication
    Through lobotomy or intubation
    What leads you is no illumination
    Or enlightenment
    I don’t hear you talking that talk anymore
    I don’t hear you
    I don’t see you talking that talk anymore
    I don’t see you.

OotyPa likes this.
  9. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

That last stanza is :praise:. Thanks for sharing!

Tonight's the night that the comet appears over Torrential Hill (reference to my book) :morestar: If anyone picked up a copy, now's the perfect time to start it!

Happy holidays, everyone!

theagentcoma and stonecoldnimrod like this.
  10. I spent a really long time trying to figure out how to lay this out to make it work lol. my plan is to print these at kinkos or w/e and send em for free

IMG_5507.jpg

11. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Very dope. Congrats on coming this far! Would definitely be down for a copy when they’re ready.

jordalsh likes this.
  12. thanks!!! yes I'll be sure to drop the google form in here when it's ready—waiting on a long ass stapler and some mailing supplies and I wanna write a little intro in the newsletter this week.

OotyPa likes this.
  13. I've got a similar idea as a 2022 goal. Can't wait to read these, and I'd love to hear the process for putting it all together, too!

jordalsh likes this.
  14. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

So sick, just ordered one. Congratulations!

15. stonecoldnimrod

16. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I have my blog tour scheduled for this week, which means I'm receiving eight separate reviews of my book. Today was the first one and I'm so hyped on it :hearteyes: I also have a new long short-fiction (what they call a novelette) dropping this week so this won't be my last post here O:-)

Below Torrential Hill - BooklyMatters

17. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Wanted to share my newest publication with you all, "The Bridge" on Sterling Clack Clack, maybe my favorite story I've written next to my novella Below Torrential Hill. A long short-fiction (or a 'novelette' - it's roughly 32 pages) that follows an American teenager at the end of her childhood and an elderly woman who survived the atomic bombing of Hiroshima. To me, this story is about the nature of time, American identity and imperialism, nostalgia vs. remembrance, the universal desire to connect--whether it's across hemispheres, or decades into the past, or from one sibling to another, or to another species altogether. If you end up reading it, I hope you enjoy it! It'll be my last story to share for a while ❤

Sterling Clack Clack: The Bridge by Jonathan Koven

18. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Prestigious

I used that that app that generates an AI image based on words you enter and I tried it with a tentative title of my book and it's freaking awesome

Screenshot_20220128-230132_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220128-230152_Gallery.jpg

Attached Files:

19. theagentcoma likes this.
  20. theagentcoma

Wombo by Dreamer!

a_cuppa_joe and fastlife like this.
  21. fastlife

Regular Supporter

Thanks for sharing! You inspired me to plug the title of something I've been tinkering with into the app and while the ones I got are tonally so different than what I'm writing, the stuff that came out is such good fodder for more writing exercises.

A few of my favorites:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. theagentcoma

So cool! I was messing around with it when I was giving my daughter a bottle at like 3 AM lol

on another note, has anyone ever used ProWritingAid? It was mentioned by a writers group I recently joined

23. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Nvr heard of it. What is it?

24. Garrett

i tore a hole in the fabric of time Moderator

Anyone have any experience in getting a cover designed on Fiverr?