Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Writing • Page 23

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by WordsfromaSong, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Rene Black Jun 29, 2020 at 11:22 AM
    (Last edited: Jun 29, 2020 at 9:33 PM)
    Rene Black

Personally, I have big problems with writing. And all because of the fact that when writing I make a lot of mistakes and my work needs to be edited, and sometimes even rewritten. Therefore, in such situations, I turn to the service papersowl.com, because they can rewrite my essay and do it quickly and efficiently. And all because they are true professionals. I am very pleased with the result.
    Still, I hope that over time I will start making fewer typos and my writing will get better.

2. OotyPa

fall away

When you sit down, write whatever chapter/section feels the most interesting to you in that moment. And when you're writing, don't double-back to edit. Just get it all out there. You can rewrite, restructure, and fine-tune afterwards.

theagentcoma likes this.
  3. theagentcoma

yeah good okay Supporter

I'll echo the sentiment about not doubling back for editing. I'll usually alternate sessions of writing and editing. One day I'll just write, and the next day I'll edit what I wrote last time and then add a little more if I'm feeling it.

4. stonecoldnimrod

Regular

agreed. i have about a thousand doodles on my iphone notes app. some are almost completed pieces. i can always re edit later, but i think the priority is getting the thoughts or ideas documented in is rawest form rather than lose the train of thought over editing what i've already written.

OotyPa likes this.
  5. OotyPa

fall away

Think the person up there edited their post so it's no longer a question. Oh well.

I'm currently on a creative streak with these online classes I'm taking. Wrote a ten page short story last week, getting feedback tonight.

Then also this week, I'm working on a poetry chapbook of my own for a separate course. Been working on this thing on the side for awhile now, and it's ACTUALLY guaranteed publication in a little over 8 weeks. It's through an online course Toho is providing which is pretty dope. I did have to shell out the dough for the course itself, but it's gonna be my first official published full-length. It's already been a lot of work drafting the manuscript and I haven't even started the course yet, but I'm so psyched to finally go all in on something like this. It's gonna be LITTTT.

theagentcoma and phaynes12 like this.
  6. phaynes12

playing in the band Supporter

hell yeah