Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread [Archived] • Page 859

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

Oh yeah, NXT and Global Wars >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a main roster house show. I'd be splurging too if I were you.

samoanowens and Joe4th like this.
  2. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

I got a pretty solid laugh out of this.

Joe4th likes this.
  3. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Face strowman vs heel shield.... someday. Not yet.

4. Rogue99T

Newbie Prestigious

Around what time on the videos do the tournament bouts for the G1 start? Trying to skip the non-tournament bouts since I do not have too much time to watch wrestling like I did last year. Also got tired pretty quick watching the whole shows and I need to catch up.

5. Fixed Glitch

AP Attitude Era Superstar Supporter

It's pretty tough to imagine Stroman as a face. I think the Shield could be ridiculously over as a vigilante face type gimmick.

There are some solid guys out there right now that I'm afraid WWE is going to ruin like they have so many times before.

6. domotime2

a FACE shield team? No way. There's this guy on lordsofpain that suggests that weekly and it doesn't make sense. The three guys are WAY too "strong" to be a cohesive face team. There wouldn't be a viable foe. When they were up and comers it worked because they hadn't proved themselves yet, but at this point, they're three former WWE champions.

It's like if NWO was face. And the guys aren't iconic enough to do a mega powers thing.

samoanowens likes this.
  7. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

IMG_2077.PNG

This poor fucking guy....

electro haikus likes this.
  8. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Wolfpac bro

9. domotime2

Wolfpac had a viable equal foe in..........the NWO

10. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Whatever the half way point is. I don't know what time the show usually starts, but it will be 1.5 hours in to the show.

xFLINTvTONGUEx likes this.
  11. MyBestFiend

go birds Supporter

12. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Dont turn your back on the wolfpac bro

13. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

I'm not really on board with the idea either, but they could build up a heel stable of equal level. Either that rumored HHH/KO/Samoa Joe thing that nothing came of, or let Heyman lead a few big name guys. Could be interesting.

14. domotime2

The heel team would have to be booked mega strong for a while beforehand... or a team of like 5 guys. The longevity of a face shield team is extremely limited. They're too strong.

15. bones

#HEEL

DZ Crew could wreck those Shield nerds

electro haikus likes this.
  16. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, it would be cool as short like 3 month thing between two big 4 shows, but I don't think it would have much beyond that. Agreed on the heel team booking, maybe have it build out of singles feuds with whoever would be involved. Really I just want Heyman running through WWE with a new Dangerous Alliance.

17. Oddpac87

Trusted Prestigious

If anyone else watches the New Legacy guys on twitch/youtube, there is a fun announcement at the end of this video.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

LOL FUCKING GHOST PLAYS TO END IT

Half of this thread hates it for no reason.

19. Henry

Moderator Moderator

20. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

It's not even the biggest tournament that weekend lol

clucky likes this.
  21. Henry

Moderator Moderator

And the lineup is weak because of that. lol

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This seems like a good sign. I'm really hoping LU season four falls through.

preppyak likes this.
  23. clucky

Trusted Supporter

I feel like the Revival could be a viable foe to a face shield. Shield being face would prevent the numbers game from giving them advantage, and Revival if booked properly are tag team pros who are far more than the sum of their parts.

24. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Shit fuckin succckkkksss

Oddpac87 likes this.
  25. preppyak

Elite Supporter

And if they go over the hardys, you could reasonably argue them as "legend killers". But honestly, they just arent over enough yet to be that threat.

About the only thing that would work is Lesnar/Braun/Joe becoming a stable with Heyman as their lead. Problem is, Dean and Joe would end up eating a bunch of pins out of that process, which doesnt seem worth it when those two have been great workhorses for the company

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.