Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Wrestling Thread [Archived] • Page 1112

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Henry, Jan 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Shrek

can't be made fun of Prestigious

I'm literally waiting for Frank to jump back on before I go. I know it's only a matter of time!

domotime2 likes this.
  2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I don't think I could justify a destination trip for music. Those prices are always crazy inflated. I was looking at a Bon Iver thing in Cancun and they were asking like $1800 a person. I'm goooooood.

3. preppyak

Elite Supporter

Avett Brothers had a similar thing...it was like $1500 for the 4-day/3-night thing as the cheapest option. When I can see them in concert for like $50...

4. Shrek

It's all dependent on the vibe. Obviously you're not gonna get to throw drinks back with Justin Vernon if you go for Cancun, but my buddy saw Frank play 3 or 4 sets on Flogging Molly's boat and got to play a couple of card games with him. I personally wouldn't want to pay for Jericho's cruise to see a bunch of retired guys who come through my area for signings all the time, some awful bands, and ROH house show

5. Shrek

6. domotime2

Great Googly Moogly Supporter

Exactly. What was so great about the salty dog cruise was how open and approachable all the performers were...and performers you'd actually WANT to hang out with. Frank Turner, the guys from Gogol, the guys from Flogging are all really really cool guys... yeah, Frank Turner was eating it up! You can tell he loved the experience. Plus, when I was there, they brought their families along too, which I'm sure was nice for them.

There are some cruises where there's little to no interaction with the acts or theyre not people you really want to hang out with (aka why go haha).

Like salty is only $800 for the smallest room which includes unlimited alcohol.

electro haikus likes this.
  7. Shrek

Maybe one day we will meet at a Frank Turner show in the middle of a polluted ocean, Domo. One day.

8. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

Got 'em. but for real, no way do I want to go on a cruise. Just sounds awful in all aspects.

9. wade

*DX CHOP*

A cruise with a bunch of stinky ass fat marks? No thanks Tom Hanks

10. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Yeah a cruise with you would be awful

bigmike likes this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

I'm on a cruise right now. Like literally kinda.

Murder by Death on a boat!

Whatjuliansaid likes this.
  12. Whatjuliansaid

News on once the clouds are gone. Prestigious

Henry has the weirdest taste in music, I like him

13. bones

#HEEL

Cruising is fine, if you’re doing it right you’re hardly on the boat and you only interact with other passengers if that’s something you want to do

They’re also like 80% elderly people

You can’t get more for less in a vacation

This post brought to you by old man Bones

14. bones

#HEEL

But no I wouldn’t do any type of themed cruise especially music or wrestling related where you’re looking at a vastly different and more obnoxious clientele

15. oldjersey

Pro Podcaster Supporter

Soooo, you're comin?

16. Ruethless

King of Europe

There's some more live wrestling on twitch right now

Twitch

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Murder by Death played like 30 songs tonight and I love them. It was on a boat, so this post is relevant.

18. Henry

Moderator Moderator

feels like there are 20 people here

19. bigmike

Trusted Prestigious

whoa brother i am a great vacation goer and many people are lucky to have me in their presence so wrong a cruise with me would fantastic

oldjersey likes this.
  20. jmwhit04

May Your Music Break My Eardrums Prestigious

Watched that and saw this little gem in the suggested videos section. Didn't realize it was on YT. (Meltzer's five star match from BOLA last year of Cole/YB vs Ricochet/Sydal/Ospreay)

21. Shrek

I've been slacking real hard on PWG blu rays. I'm gonna be rreeall good to them come the winter sale.

jmwhit04 and Joe4th like this.
  22. amorningofsleep

No-rope barbed wire Jones

I actually got my roommate to watch this with me. Holy fuck, is Chuck hilarious on commentary.

electro haikus likes this.
  23. Shrek

Chuck may very well be the funniest man in the history of wrestling

tucah, jmwhit04 and amorningofsleep like this.
  24. Mick

FKA tell that mick Prestigious

PPP abducted me but I escaped, guys

25. Shrek

how was the pizza?

bigmike likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.